YouTube vs V2 for Creators

I’ve heard a lot of people saying Vine give a bigger chance of getting noticed than on YouTube. Is it true?

1 Like

I think that the main difference between how Youtube works and how Vine worked is that YT is managed by an algorithm, so the content that pops up in your explore page mostly keeps you close to the artists and content you usally watch.
Vine, instead, had global trending sections and the spotlight were defined by the staff who mostly picked people that legitmately deserved it, this meant that the app would not keep you in your own bubble so if your content worked it had more chances to be seen by the whole community

8 Likes

They are both different styles of social media.

2 Likes

It’ll be easier to get noticed on v2, which could potentially transcribe to fans looking you up on youtube

4 Likes

Unless V2 really takes off… and I mean REALLY takes off like Snapchat level, probably not. YouTube has so many users, there are so many people on the network that it’s so difficult to compare it to other things. It’s honestly too big of a number to even be thought of as a number. You can always just assume since there are a lot of people that a decent portion will be interested in your content, the issue is those people being able to find your content. To put it into perspective 60million people are subscribed to pewdiepie. 60 MILLION. that’s almost double to population of Canada. Yet there are still people who use YouTube and who don’t know who he is. It would be incredible for V2 to reach big numbers even remotely similar to that but it will not be easy by any means.

2 Likes

Well, on Youtube it’s very difficult to get knowed, because the only place where people can see your videos if you start, is in the search bar, you don’t have a recommended area like instagram

3 Likes

It is true if you direct your followers over there :slight_smile:

1 Like

YouTube has a lot of users and so much content uploaded daily with probably millions of videos already on the platform while V2 would not be as big it would give people more of a chance to be discovered, just dont give up

1 Like

I doubt V2 will get be larger then YouTube, but it will be great to use both together.

1 Like

I really hope v2 would make it big so that we could get noticed and then carry on that over to other platforms

2 Likes

I hope that V2 can be better than YouTube

1 Like

Also, it takes longer to watch YouTube videos, and a platform with shorter videos it takes less time to go through more content. This leads to more people having access to more content, and thus a higher chance of being seen.

1 Like

Well, right now people in my class are saying that Vine is just a fake and it won’t happen, so for now YouTube is popular. As for when news spreads like wildfire, many will come to the app or many will stay on YouTube waiting for someone to take the new Vines and upload it on YouTube so It’s just one entire video. It’s quite a chance that YouTube will find a way.

1 Like

Not unless you tell them. Example: my youtube channel -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl-oYGY1JacB7IpTnEG9eMQ

1 Like

Youtube is oversaturated right now. That’s why there’s all this monetization drama. V2 is gonna be so much better…before it’s oversaturated. Hop on and be an OG before it gets “popping”.

1 Like

Oh trust me. These people on the forum are so nice and want the best for V2 so we all gonna make sure V2 grows up well :ok_hand:

1 Like

With V2 if it’s anything like Vine you will have about a week to get some notoriety. YouTube and Vine both used algorithms to get content up to the popular pages. All are based upon likes. Views, thumbs ups etc

1 Like

Yeah that’s true people could see 10 people in one minute on Vine whereas you could see 1 guy in like 10 minutes

1 Like