Your take on luck in the industry?

So a lot of us here wanna make into the industry of entertainment, a lot of people will tell you “you have to be lucky” in order to ‘make it’. But what is being ‘lucky’? When someone says you have to be lucky how do you perceive luck?

8 Likes

Luck is goes like this for me

Creating the right content (not luck) + posting it at the right time (can be planned therefore not luck either) = successful posts

Since social media typically rewards accounts that have a lot of successful posts with visibility, no it’s not luck. People who say it’s luck I find are typically the type that gave up and, now are looking for an excuse to explain why. So moral of the story is if you want something you gotta work for it lol.

4 Likes

In my opinion, there’s no such thing as “luck”. You’ll “receive” what you’re prepared for.
It may seem “lucky” on the surface BUT it’s just the Law of Attraction at work…

If a Year-1-Byter goes viral, are they “lucky” or did they just put themselves in the right position?
Something to think about. :thinking:

7 Likes

I think consistency goes a long way to becoming successful, whatever platform that may be on. I do think there is an aspect of luck that goes along with it, it’s just the nature of the game. But there’s no reason why you can’t increase your chances of becoming popular or ‘getting lucky.’ Like I said it all comes down to consistency for me, the more you make, the better you should become, providing you’re willing to adapt and learn. Eventually you may get a break but then its on you to capitilize on it.

4 Likes