Your new moderators + q’s for the next bulletin

Greetings!

We are SO happy to announce the addition of 3 stellar community members to our expanded forum moderation team: @faizaldawx, @cark, and @ryanmccarley. They’ll join @kaden, @arf, and @annam in assisting the community as we grow this current beta and make our way toward launch. Especially as new folks join, having an expanded team will be key in helping us all navigate changes. We’re excited to have this team on board to keep our community organized, safe, and supported. Let’s congratulate them!

We also plan on posting a bulletin this Thursday, so if you have any questions you’d like answered by the team, leave them :point_down: and we will do our best to address what we can.

Until then!

*byte team

71 Likes

Yeehaw! Congrats y’all!

17 Likes

Very excited! Really appreciate it. Congratz to the other mods aswell

27 Likes

Can’t wait to help out =)

26 Likes

Congrats to all new mods :two_hearts: all earned it

Question: how would switching between multiple accounts work? I’m sure it was answer before but I can’t find the thread

19 Likes

1st

18 Likes

@faizaldawx , @cark, @ryanmccarley Congrats :heart:

15 Likes

Congrats to the new mods!! Some questions I have for the next bulletin:

1. Obviously missed the spring 2019 release window, but now with the rollout of beta is there a clearer release window you have in mind?
  2. Any news or more information on more beta features? New categories, finished profiles, even some features dom said he was working on awhile ago like the “Teams” account feature?
  3. Will the byte bulletins still be every 2-3 weeks now or more of a “when we have news we’ll tell you” schedule?
  4. Other features dom announced he was working on such as “blasts” (disappearing byte… kinda) and I would really like to see that one feature that was teased with the automatic downloading bytes for offline use. I forgot the correct term but it’s the feature that I would’ve loved on my recent flight since I couldn’t go on byte and watch my favorite creators. Are these ideas scrapped or will they see the light of day?
24 Likes

congrats guys! well deserved :smiling_imp:
@cark @ryanmccarley @FaizalDawx

12 Likes

Congrats to all the new Mods :raised_hands:t5::raised_hands:t5::raised_hands:t5:

Question: I made a post about this that I’m too lazy to find lol, but is there gonna be a favorite feature? Somethingt hat allows you to see your favorite byters in a special page and notifies you when they post, kind of like a notification bell on YouTube.

13 Likes

pretty similar to how following works. follow your favorite byters and all their bytes show up in your homepage, maybe like a way to save specific bytes to your favorites similar to instagram?

10 Likes

congrats to the new mods!

Just a few of my questions-

How long after the global release will it be until advertisers be able to buy ad space? Weeks/months/years?

Is there anything new we could be told about the creator program? (Most interested in hearing the answer to this one!!! Any details would be great!!)

Are enough bugs being reported or does the community need to step it up?

Will there be pop up notifications in the byte app like Instagram has the red heart symbol show up? What is the team’s view on the balance of being an engaging app vs being an addictive one?

Thank you!! Looking forward to the bulletin!

15 Likes

Congratulations to the new Mods @FaizalDawx @cark @ryanmccarley!:tada:

10 Likes

Congrats new mods , now where’s my export :rage:

11 Likes

Hi @cami_p, I have to ask about the languages in which the application will be available.
I’m also wondering: When someone registers and enters to the app for the first time, will he see a global feed or be shown bytes of the region in which he is (Latin America, for example)

Thanks, we Love u :heart:

9 Likes

Congrats guys! I’m confident you all will make the forum better than we just could alone!

8 Likes

Ayy congrats to the new mods!!

6 Likes

congrats to the new mods! glad to have you here with us.

8 Likes

Congrats you guys!! :two_hearts: -sunshine

7 Likes

CONGRATS you guys!!! :tada::smiley::tada::smiley::tada:

I’m SO excited for the bulletin!

6 Likes