Your favourite cryptocurrency to mine at home

So, what’s your fave cryptocurrency to mine at home? Which would you buy outright instead? Do any of you have a cloud mining contract?

I’m mining Monero on my computer. It’s not much but it’s better than nothing. I just like it. I intend to buy a cloud mining contract for Ethereum.

5 Likes

I don’t use cryptocurrency but I love the idea of it… it’s so interesting.

1 Like

I like the dodge coin, named after the dodge dog. I like it for 3 reasons
1)its name
2) it’s easy to mine
3)its dirt cheap

3 Likes

Dogecoin is the greatest thing to happen in 2017.

3 Likes

I dont use cryptocurrency but my brothers a huge fan

1 Like

I like to mine diamonds but I know it’s risky since it’s at the same level as lava

5 Likes

I’d rather mine iron. Way more safe

3 Likes

i mine ore. not cobblestone. said I won’t mine cobblestone.

4 Likes

i have 3 emeralds on my server, try to keep up ; )

2 Likes

lmao i wish i knew how to mine crypto but i’d probably blow up my laptop in the process

right now i’m just investing

i don’t know how to mine but it sounds interesting

yES IT WAS

2 Likes

daaang you could probably trade those with a villager and get somethin cool like a bookshelf or a feather

1 Like

The mining is the easy part. The trick is that you need to have an account on an exchange to sell the coins. If you download Minergate, that would be the easiest way to start mining right now. I am mining Monero which was recommended to me.

It might not be worth it if your computer sucks too much electricity. However, an efficient computer with an efficient graphics card only uses about US$100 of electricity per year if left on.

So if you have a GPU with a hashrate of 500H/s and your system only uses 80W maximum, then you are in profit. It’s not a lot but if the coins become worth more in the future, at least you have the coins.

If you have a few thousand dollars spare, then it’s arguably better spent buying a cloud mining contract with a company like Hashflare.

1 Like

I thought about doing it years ago before cryptocurrency became a huge thing, wish I did now…

I heard it’s dying now? That true? Sooo not a good time to invest I’d reckon

do you think it would explode?

1 Like

everything explodes

*doge (8char)

1 Like

Yes doge explodes too