You Are Not Alone

There was a time in my life that I was very close to a suicide attempt. My family was moving, and I didn’t want to move. I was depressed, I was going to lose all of my friends, and I sucked at making new ones. I wasn’t happy, and there was nothing else that I wanted to do. I remember the night, I had a whole thing planned out, and I was ready. But, before I did, I decided to tell myself in tears “One last youtube video.” I stumbled across an Amnesia Funniest Scary Moments by Pewdiepie, of course, and it made me smile. From that smile, a laugh, and from that laugh, I clicked on another video, and another, and another. I got distracted, and I realized this. Those feelings of dying went away, and on that day I said to myself “I want to make people feel better by making them laugh”.
Throughout my time living here in Louisiana, I had depression most of the time, I still kindof have it (obviously), but the only thing that made me feel better were these people on the internet making silly videos. Markiplier, Jacksepticeye, Jacksfilms, Pewdiepie, and I know i sound like a really emo boy growing up (^_^) well, duh. I didn’t really know what reason there was to live for, except for that one little thing. I did experiment with self harm, and that got me in a mental hospital, and let me tell ya bud those scars aint goin away, dont do that shit. Ain’t a fun thing to look at and remember. But, people on the internet saved my life, in a lot of ways.
During this time, I found a website called pokemonshowdown.com and I wont lie, I STILL go on there because there are really nice chatrooms to talk on, and I have great friends there. I would talk to my friends there to make me feel better. When I was alone in the world, they were with me, just on different sides of the world. Thats why my best friends are dumbasses from Kansas, UK, Germany, got 2 in France actually. Great people, love them.
NOW, where am I leading this? I got no clue. I guess what I am saying is that if you are ever in that point in your life, there will be a reason to keep going, and to always go to someone. I would be dead if, and I know this sounds really stupid, for Pewdiepie. But, for everyone that were my friends or people who made me laugh throughout the world. This server gave me a reason to keep going. I was at an extreme extreme low point, and I still kindof am, but when me and my friend had this idea for a tv show, I came here and wanted to show it. I thought it was stupid, but you guys seemed to like it… Now, I have a purpose. I want to make a TV show to entertain people of hopefully all ages for everyone to love, and I have been busy with that. 6 episodes fully written out, 1 finished typed out script, 2 in the works, and i’ve written 40 characters. I’d be no where if It wasnt for these lovely people. You should know that even if you feel alone, there are people out there who will love to talk to you, or want to maybe make you smile, and if you have a hard time talking to people, hey, I have some pretty funny people to reccomend to you, since I realized awhile back that comedy is a beautiful medicine, and you should know that in life you are never alone. There will always be someone there for you, even if they live in chicago, scotland, new york, california, ohio, uk, some place that some guys name who sounds like a dog wont tell me (im gonna say Atlantis). Sooo yeah. Like and subscribe for more random rants. And remember you are loved :slight_smile: bye lovelies!

17 Likes

:pray: Thank-you for sharing… I’m glad you’re still with us. You’re awesome bro.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing Nick, and glad that you are still here. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Long read but ily nick always

4 Likes

It’s good that you posted this as its an important discussion to be had, as many others go through this also. I’m glad you’re in better spirits and hope that you’re dream of entertaining people proves to be successful! :smiley:

4 Likes

Nick. Thanks man. this’ll help someone, and thanks for sharing your story. you really are cool guy (not that i had any doubts before :ppp)

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing Nick I too have been close to a suicide attempt and this is something that needs to be discussed more often

4 Likes

Depression ain’t no joke, it sucks so bad and makes you feel like the world is against you but we all love you (: even if it sometimes doesn’t show!!

6 Likes

And keep going. Don’t ever stop. Keep writing, keep looking for things that you’re passionate about. Just keep moving. You’re strong.

4 Likes

Hi, i just wanted to say i love you all. Im not exactly sure how to respond, I’m sorry, It’s something im not a big fan of going back on about, but it was also something I wanted to bring up. But i love you all anyways, thank you for reading :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Its nice to know how Internet can actually help People and also thanks to share this with the community

2 Likes

Literally sounds like a movie story! Suicide isn’t the only way to solve depression. Man I really appreciate your decision to stay alive and make people laugh. I hope you will succeed and your story becomes an inspiration to the world.

2 Likes