Wtf is a fortnite

Am i the only person who doesn’t have any idea wtf is fortnite? It seems like the whole damn world is playing this game like :sleeping: I can’t be the only one :rofl: (Hopefully i dont get roasted for this :joy::100:)

3 Likes

eh don’t worry, i don’t know either :joy:

1 Like

Fortnite is a co-op sandbox survival game developed by Epic Games and People Can Fly, with the former publishing it. … Fortnite is set in contemporary Earth, where the sudden appearance of a worldwide storm causes 98% of the world’s population to disappear, and zombie-like creatures rise to attack the remainder. There is a free-to-play Battle Royale download available to everyone and is now on mobile. The huge craze spread through social media, with the help of mainstream news like ABC, and NBC. Fortnite has even touched the hands of celebrities like Drake, Travis Scott, and even the comedian Roseanne and there is now a match to be set with these celebs at E3 later this year.

8 Likes

That’s the way I felt before a couple of my friends asked me to try it out. I agreed, assuming I would just download it and play it with them for a few days before uninstalling it.

After trying it out, though, it’s actually a lot of fun! I’ve only played Battle Royale (the 100-player free-for-all that costs nothing but hard drive space and your time) but it’s been a blast. I think it’s more fun when you play with friends.

Essentially, you skydive to a location on a big island, and then it’s a fight to the death. You can pick up weapons (mostly guns) and you can destroy and build in the environment around you to make bases. Kill other players to get their items, etc. etc. until there’s only one person left. Similar to the Hunger Games, all players are gradually pushed toward the middle of the island by “The Storm” which inflicts damage to players over time if they’re not in the eye of the storm.

I know I kind of just wrote a small novel, but the short answer is that Fortnite is a free-to-play game (with purchasable cosmetics and a purchasable campaign) that is quite a lot of fun even if third-person shooters aren’t really your thing.

2 Likes

Is a survival free game, like “PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds” or “H1Z1”

2 Likes

So I’m not the only one whose been living under a rock :relieved::relieved:

2 Likes

It’s a game :pancakes::two_hearts: it’s cool tho

1 Like

From Wikipedia:

A fortnight is a unit of time equal to 14 days (2 weeks). The word derives from the Old English: fēowertyne niht, meaning “fourteen nights”.

Oh wrong spelling.
Its also that game them youngsters are playing

2 Likes

Very helpful thank you :joy::joy:

1 Like

The headquarters for Epic Games is literally 10 minutes from my house and everytime I pass by the employees look so happy lol, I can imagine how much money they’re making off this

4 Likes

where do you live?

The triangle in NC , if I’m not mistaken I remember hearing about Epic from a teacher in elementary school and how they were just a startup (I think they were developing Unreal at the time), it’s amazing how far they’ve come! :hushed:

3 Likes

They realized a game ago and I think it was called battle grounds and I remmeber playing it. It was free to download on ps4

1 Like

I thought everyone was saying “fortnight” for like a month so I was real confused lol
48%20PM

2 Likes

You dI’d not just say that right???

It’s a free cartooninized version of pubg

1 Like

DO AMERICANS NOT KNOW WHAT THE WORD FORT NIGHT IS??? Just have to dragged on so it’s a proper sentece

apparently its the hype rn although it has been popular a few months ago

1 Like

i have no idea what pubg is either LMAOOOO

I think its term for a 14 day time period