Wrongful Bans & page restore request

From my experience of other social medias like vine and Instagram they really had a hard time with dealing with flag abuse and wrongful bans …People would flag a post just because they didn’t like the person or content NOT for violating the rules…And it was so hard to get in contact with someone to get your page back or see what you did wrong…I wanted to know will it be a easier and more accessible process to request your page back for wrongful bans and put things in place for this isn’t as frequent?? …I’m really concerned about this because I think this was a issue and was a big hand in discouraging creators and ultimately running people away from platforms.

2 Likes

Maybe if we had community admins that would be able to help Adress this in the future ?

1 Like

I’m glad someone brought this up because I had a similar issue with Vine. This reply would go along with the page restore request aspect of your post. I didn’t use Vine that often I was definitely more of a viewer than a content creator. One day I was just completely kicked out of my account when I tried accessing the app. I tried logging in and it said that my account basically didn’t exist, so I proceeded to make a new one. When I got back into Vine I searched for my original account, and it still existed. I could see the profile, but I just couldn’t log into the profile, and I know friends that had a similar problem. I agree that there needs to be an easily accessible way for users of V2 to communicate a similar problem to, followed up with action from the support staff of V2. It will be interesting to see what will be set in place.

1 Like

I had my Instagram account disabled and boy, did it suck. I feel like the speed of unbans depends on the amount of admins and hopefully we get many.

2 Likes

this issue will hopefully be cleared up with the creation of the artist-staff joint forums where artists will have direct connections to the staff team

4 Likes

Hopefully we will have humans reviewing these things so this doesn’t happen

1 Like

How about an appeal system? But it could easily get flooded

1 Like

actually brilliant idea. make a new topic about it real quick

under the idea category

1 Like

Yeah, but I’m pretty sure a group of moderators can deal with problems easily.

3 Likes

Oooo i’ll make it in a bit if you don’t mind

I agree. Instagram utilizes a bot that automatically removes a page after a certain amount of reports. My own page has been removed several times, just to be restored again.

I believe that V2 should have a more CLEAR set of guidelines, and manual page disabling.

1 Like

Yeah i think a easy to access appeal system that can be reviewed by a actual person would be the ideal situation …and they should give explanations on why it was deactivated thats important so it won’t happen again

2 Likes