Wow The Hate Towards Millenials is Real

Where are all the new nice users, i seem to be attracting all the trolls and fairy comments.
I really hope this isn’t what Byte will become. I’ve never felt so uncomfortable on an app in my life. It’s a bit discouraging compared to when i 1st joined with all the love and support the community has built.

38 Likes

AHH WHATS fairy comments

2 Likes

Unfortunately it is. I’ve been getting them myself.

2 Likes

fairy comments are comments with a twist ending that makes them extra funny. The comments are split into two parts, where the second part is unexpected and makes the whole comment. Sarcastically Polite Rudeness with fairy emojis

5 Likes

honestly I think the fairy comments are hilarious, I can’t wait to get some

7 Likes

I think I might be benefiting from being fairly anonymous in my bytes. It’s not as easy to identify be as a millennial.

1 Like

Ahhhh, now what seemed to be an odd comment from an account with a child who seems to be younger than my 13 yr old daughter makes sense… but it wasn’t exactly a comment, if that makes any sense :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I mean, remember being their age…and then it makes sense lol.

4 Likes

This is a fairy comment…

8 Likes

Yeah lol I think fairy comments are funny. Some people are straight up just mean with “not funny” but these seem like just their sense of humor lol. Wouldn’t take it personally

12 Likes

i guess i wasn’t a part of that crowd at that age

6 Likes

the fairy comments I can handle. the racism?? man fuck you

24 Likes

I mean also like. If I remember what I thought was funny at 13 I would cringe lmao. So their criticism isn’t that big a deal.

2 Likes

oh what??? Send em my way😤

2 Likes

Yeah. It’s mostly just fun. Hey, it’s engagement. :woman_shrugging:t2:

I also get weird poems…

Most of the engagement has been neutral with some positive comments.

8 Likes

they MUST be copying and pasting those thats so much work :sob::sob::sob:

4 Likes

That was a trend on TT at the beginning of the week :joy:

1 Like

lmao I imagine they have a shit load of em on their clipboard or notes app and idk if that’s weirder than manually typing them up in real time

5 Likes

idk I don’t like the vibe, very negative.

5 Likes

The thing people need to understand is that TT humor for the young people of that app is that it’s often a defense mechanism. That whole age group has been publicly shamed and globally ridiculed for just making dance videos, so their sense of humor is based around using that same thing that all people criticize and then adding language and ideas to it that cover topics and ideas.

The aggressiveness is temporary, but it is a byproduct of that because the whole millennial hate among other things is rooted in their self-defense mechanism. But those jokes will eventually get old if that’s all that community is using and I can see a bit of a culture shift happening at some point.

It should also be noted that many of the people who jump ship first, are some of the more alternative entertainment people anyway who are a bit more edgy and less mainstream. So by virtue of that we’ve got quite a spicy crowd on our hands at the moment, but that may not stay like that forever. And I think if these people don’t feel like they’re being hated just for being young people being goofy, the mentality will die down because byte doesn’t have the same stigma TT does.

27 Likes