Word of Advice for anyone who "makes it"

There are MANY a post talking about “what will you do when/if you make it big?” “Do you think you will be famous on v2?” and other similar posts.

I just wanted to mention a couple things:

1. IF/when you actually gain a following, please STAY HUMBLE. Too many people let popularity, fame, and fortune go to their head and it ends up being their demise. Lots of over-confident people end up in a worse mental/physical/financial state post-fame than they were before people knew about their stuff. The main reason is because they weren’t humble.

2. It is FAR from a guarantee that you will be “famous”. The whole point of fame is that it is so rare, and the people who have it are so well known. To borrow a phrase from The Increcible’s Syndrome, “…when everyone’s super, no one will be.” We can’t all be famous. We can sure try, and we can reach so many people and change lives without needing to be famous. But if fame is your ultimate goal, you are in for a world of dissapointment when you either:
    a) don’t become famous
    or
    b) become famous and realize you can never be satisfied by fame alone. Your mind simply will not let you.

3. Fame is relative. There will always be somebody more famous than you, and there will therefore always be somebody less famous than you. There is no magic number where you are deemed famous by the celebrity gods and all of a sudden you are best friends. It’s not like at 99,999 fans you are a nobody and 100,000 you are now famous. It is, if anything, a spectrum. On one side, it is a person who has never interacted or met anyone in their life. On the other, we have household names and mega-celebrities. Names that are known by just about or literally every single person on Earth. You will always be somewhere on this spectrum, but there is no distinctive line where you are bestowed the role of “famous”. This only fuels the burning fire that is my next point.

4. Fame will never be enough. If fame is what you seek, the lack of ability to state “I became famous once x number of people knew who I was” will cause a void that will never be filled. Don’t have fame as your ultimate goal.

5. Being well known, loved, and respected by a lot of people feels really good! Please enjoy it because if you are in a position to give lots of people happiness, you are VERY lucky. Take that to heart and take pride in your ability to make others happy. there is no greater feeling than this, and making other people happy is secretly a selfish act, because the happiness you receive from making others happy is 10 to 1. If you end up making a name for yourself and finding yourself atop a platform where any amount of people are looking up to you from 1 to 1 billion+, make them happy. That will give you the ultimate satisfaction in life, but it’ll never be enough to make people happy x amount of times, you should make as many people happy as often as you can! This includes yourself. The most effective way to make other people happy is to do so while being happy yourself, and only you have the power to accept happiness from others and to manifest self-happiness on your own.

Thank you for reading, and I hope you consider just how you treat others. Best of luck out there, and I hope you have a great day.

44 Likes

well being famous and getting views will just expose the real personality of that person. Fame and money is not bad, but it really expose you in the end. Brings out the real you

9 Likes

Wow those were great words. Thank you for not being one of those people who only focus on fame

5 Likes

These are very valuable pieces of advice and you have a great mindset/attitude about fame and not taking advantage of peoples attention or being greedy. It was all very well put into words in a way I probably couldn’t :+1:
I want to add also:
People may tell you to never change your content, especially if that is what you got “famous” for. I would say, however, you should not be afraid to change your content if it is what you believe will make you enjoy your own content more. In other words, don’t hesitate to change content if you will grow from it. Just be wary of your intentions when trying something new. Don’t do it for views, do it because you enjoy the content you’re making.

5 Likes

Also, don’t make dumb mistakes on the internet that will get you the wrong kind of recognition!

2 Likes

Be extremely careful if you ever “make it”. People are watching your every move.

3 Likes

I’d say as just a tip, there’s no need to respond to every hate comment. Cause you’ll get a lot of those

1 Like

Great advice doode :sunglasses:

True that true that

Love the Incredibles quote 10/10

1 Like

Good advice.

Thank you for this, I really needed it. Having a clear mindset to just have fun and make fun content on my own or with my friends should be my focus and I hope others will do so too. And that makes it even harder to wait for v2 because I’m even more hyped than I ever was!!!

1 Like

Anh do NOT do what logan did; don’t do stupid things just for views

3 Likes

This comment :clap:

2 Likes

Couldn’t agree more

Facts man facts

All the advice on this thread is real and good. I work in public relations for influencers and content creators and believe me when i say it all starts with being humble and appreciating the small steps.

5 Likes

I really hope v2 will be filled with humble and friendly creators

4 Likes

Also don’t film dead bodies when you do become famous.

4 Likes

I almost forgot that one! I was just going to do that, thanks for the reminder.

3 Likes