Will V2 become over-saturated very quickly?

When the V*ine app came out in 2013 (i think), posting videos and content wasn’t as mainstream and as accepted as it is now. It was easy for friends and viewers to make fun of the content creators, which would have steered a lot of people from posting on the app.

Now that the world as seen the global success that content creators/Artists are able to achieve from said app. I feel like upon the release of V2, everyone and their Auntie is going to try to get a slice of the success. Everyone is going to want to be successful on the app (and I don’t blame them) which I feel may over saturate the app with content and ultimately make it difficult for Artists to gain a following/fan base as there will be a lot of Artists posting similar content which will make it hard for people to stand out.

If the App becomes very successful, then maybe there will be over 1 million users on the platform. Even if 10% of those people were active Artists then there would be 100,000+ videos/V2s/loops (whatever they will be called) to watch per day.

EDIT - Or over-saturation from already well known content creators and social media stars. If all of the old V*ine creators (not name dropping but I am sure you can think of some) come back to the app. With their large fan bases and their ability to pump out highly edited and polished videos, I feel that they will maybe shun out the new Artists that are trying to gain their following.

It was just a thought I had, what do you guys think??

6 Likes

I don’t think so. I believe there will be a lot of people on the app, but it will be over-saturated once people get to know about it. I think there’s still a lot, A LOT amount of people who don’t know that V2 is coming.

1 Like

I have to disagree with the last point. A lot of large content creators on other platforms like YT are taking about it for example (Shane Dawson, Swoozie, Daz Games etc.) Also websites like Buzzfeed etc are publishing articles on V2.

I know youtubers and news accounts know about it, but I mean the GP. The GP don’t know about V2.

You don’t see many people talking about V2 or how far the app has gone. They probably just know or saw that someone is creating a Vine -2 < V2.

2 Likes

I don’t really think that will be a problem. I think it will be fine.

2 Likes

It probably will. When the release date gets public there should be some promotion for the app so the GP get to know about it. But V2 will blew up some days or weeks after its release.

1 Like

There’s a great amount of hype that comes along with V2, there’s no doubt that people’ll rush to get on the app, but oversaturation won’t really be the outcome from that. Maybe it’ll get really busy, but the it won’t really feel “oversaturated”, so to speak

1 Like

Very good chance that’ll happen but hopefully there’s something put in place for new uprising creators so our content is noticed

2 Likes

Considering how overly saturated vne comps are right now on youtube, I wouldn’t be surprised. What worked so well about vne in the beginning was that it was so new, and ANYBODY could become popular or famous instantaneously. Now that we KNOW the monetary and social benefits of becoming popular on social media, the majority of content being made on this new app risks the potential of coming off as ‘tryhard’ or ‘unoriginal’.

However, this works. YouTube provides a platform that rewards saturated content and genres (e.g, Vlogs, Personalities, Beauty Gurus) because they are a business, and these content creators bring in the $$$. (Not to say that these creators are good or bad, it’s just fact that type of content they make is saturated, and it’s up to the audience to decide if it’s worth consuming.) The success of V2 will be in the balance of making the company money, and being fair and allowing all creators an equal platform for their expression.

1 Like

yo thats great pint if that happens new artists will be i great loss and would lose their chance to succeed as artist that they finally got. but i don’t think that this would happen cuz creators has alrady been established on their particular platform

1 Like

Hypothetically speaking people can share followings, it’s even a common practice on youtube to help a smaller channel by collaborating with them. If your content is good enough it’ll get traction on it’s own and if said media stars promote you because they also liked your content then you’ll grow exponentially (which is the “dream” lol). Even if there is an over saturation of users that aren’t famous and are just trying to use the app that’ll just mean there will be more viewers on the app that will get to see the content. Kind of like how overpopulation wouldn’t kill humanity, more users won’t kill v2, if anything it’ll make it grow into something powerful.

2 Likes

With a new social media platform being introduced, especially since vne was already missed by a lot of creators previously making videos, something like this might happen. However, people didn’t just go onto vne for a certain group of people that you are talking about. A good portion of the people went on there for other things like making edits or just aesthetically pleasing videos. With a platform created for creativity a lot more genres are open for people to explore. I liked your point tbh a lot more people will want to hop onto the vne bandwagon, but that will also lead to more content and ideas.

1 Like

Most likely because most of the users will be coming from Youtube or Instagram and that’s where video production is seen the most on social media.

1 Like

That’s up to us, the community, to make sure it doesn’t go.
It didn’t really die though in my opinion. The vine cam app is still there. Just gotta post it somewhere else :grinning:

:vine: fo lyfee

I think you’re right with the app becoming over saturated almost straight away. But at the same time it makes you delve deeper for the viners/artists/creators that you want. Catagories helped vine when it peaked and meant you could pin point what you were looking for easier. Maybe more filters would be useful.