Will v2 algorithm punish artist who don't post everyday

Currently Youtubers whose main content are skits or just don’t post everyday, have less watch time. That means that you are not a good creator, according to Youtube. @dom will that happen on v2?

4 Likes

Youtube doesn’t punsih creators that don’t upload every day lol. They PREFER if you upload everyday, however even with most skit channels, they love them. Youtube and pretty much every social media platform mainly looks for consistency. Most skit channels upload one skit every week on the exact same day. Youtube loves this because skits usually bring in millions of views, and skits are binge-worthy to watch. Youtube punishes creators that upload on Monday at 8pm, miss 8 weeks, then upload again on Friday at 4am, etc…

3 Likes

Of course not

1 Like

I think the opposite, in the community that speaks Spanish most of the famous YouTubers upload content every 3 or 4 days. Almost nobody uploads daily content, only very few. The difference is quality, the editing of a person who uploads videos every 3 days is not the same as that a person who uploads videos every day. The difference is incredible and it shows.
Everything is due to the time they have to edit and think about their ideas
Some examples of YouTube that speaks Spanish are “elrubiusOMG”, “HolaSoyGerman” or “Fernanfloo” They upload videos every 3 days or 1 week, they are the most famous and successful.

For our homepage I’m hoping the order of posts will be chronological so I don’t think that should happen. If they have an explore page or a popular page it should be based off of the numbers such as likes or shares on the post and not whatever weird algorithm YouTube uses. That’s what I’m hoping for.

2 Likes

What if the creator is experiencing writers block?

1 Like

I’m sure that won’t be the case, some of the big viners didn’t post everyday and still got so many loops

2 Likes

Well basically we’re this one huge v2 social media fam so Dom and the creators of the app will defo not mind when we post

1 Like