Will there be a revine button?

New Revine name ideas:

“ReLoop”

“Re-cycle”

“Look What I Just Found”

5 Likes

Personally was one of the reasons I liked Vine & one of the reasons I use twitter (retweet button). I hope we do have this!

2 Likes

I would love all of these to be in v2, this would sorta make it like twitter in a way like retweets

2 Likes

revines maybe, many big viners have made some good money from charging from revines

1 Like

Vine 1 originally didn’t have a Revine option. It was added about 6 months later I think, and that’s when all hell broke loose! At first it was a great way to help your followers discover other viners, but soon became an abused feature by those who gained large followings.

I’m sure V2 will have a similar feature, I just really hope they figure out a way to stop it from being abused.

5 Likes

I would love to have this feature again!

1 Like

on the old app there was a “hide revines” button i remember

3 Likes

I really hope they add a Reloop feature but if they don’t, we could just Like posts and tell people to look at our Likes.

1 Like

A repost button would be great to combat stealing other artists posts without crediting. Instagram does not have such a feature but they have a problem of posts being uncredited. Would be good to not use a third party app to repost on v2.

5 Likes

I sure hope so! It would be cool if users could put their revines into categories perhaps (and we def need the option to hide revines from a profile when viewing…)

1 Like

from what i’ve seen a lot of people are looking at ways to eliminate third party apps from v2, which includes reposting (as well as editing, hands free video taking, etc)… i’m excited to see what new tools will be implemented

2 Likes

That sounds like a great idea! Sort of like a pinterest board, but to more easily see vines someone has revined and not posted themselves. It makes it a bit easier than just scrolling through their feed.

2 Likes

There will definitely be a revine button but maybe not immediately. I assume v2 will be in an infancy stage for the first few months of its inception (based on Vine’s arc; there wasn’t even a username tagging feature until like 2-3 months in). Also, revine buttons guarantee that people will flood popular pages and stifle the growth of smaller users. There will be no code of ethics anybody follows when it comes to follow count growth. It may be a better idea to delay a revine feature.

BUT there’s a precedent for it now. There wasn’t when Vine first launched. Maybe that means the app will launch with a revine button and revine for revine teams ready to abuse it. who knows !!!

4 Likes

They could give them in a comment encouragement. If there are comments…

2 Likes

Yea but wut about star button
It’s like revining but putting it in ur favorites
List
(Note: you cannot save the Vine tho)

2 Likes

Take a look here about this topic dude :wink:

1 Like

Ofc comment is good but if u wanna share ur favorite content on V2 with your follower revine button is the best idea…i think ahah

1 Like

Has to be one lol or else it isnt vine :joy::100:

1 Like

There should be!

1 Like

Definitely something of similar purpose doubt it would be called a revine though

1 Like