Will OEVO Succeed?

Apple: Steve Jobs had a vision of creating easy-use personalized computers for the general public in a time where owning a computer was rare.

YouTube: Chad Hurley, Steve Chen and Jawed Karim had a mission of creating a easy way of uploading and sharing videos.

Vine: Dom Hofmann, Rus Yusupov and Colin Kroll had a vision of creating a tool in which users can easily cut video shots together.

Oveo: Creators vision is

2 Likes

Changed to YT&other!

I don’t think it’ll be as big as any of those three you mentioned, but who really knows.

It appears that the creators vision was to “make as much money as possible before V2 comes out”

6 Likes

The vine one is nitpicking. Putting video shots together is pretty much every single video app. Oevo’s final goal is probably the exact same as Vine/v2’s, just not as well executed.

3 Likes

My theory: Try and steal Vine’s spotlight and place in the world, no matter what it takes.

8 Likes

Well Dom also kinda did it for people who miss Vine, not just to make money. Oevo’s only goal is probably to only make money. I’m pretty sure that’s also the reason he was supporting other apps.

2 Likes

Every app’s focus is to make money. I’m pretty sure the Oevo creator wants to app to stay around for a long time if they’re paying people to promote it.

3 Likes

Very very true

They are getting mass funding that’s for sure… Now I just hope they use that to fund the apps well being

Don’t forget they also go and throw shade too at v2 and vine.

2 Likes

spelled the app wrong in the title :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

oevo vision is vine

Lmao exactly. People on this forum think that “artistic intent” keeps the lights on and pays for app development/maintenance

1 Like

SAVAGE lmao

It could If it is managed properly

1 Like

OVEO will not succeed primarily because it’s spelled OEVO (which is just as dumb)

and the creators are just really malicious and shady

2 Likes

That was a direct quote from an interview with Dom himself http://www.wired.co.uk/article/loopers

Also before vine and snapchat, easily sharing video via phone was a difficult task(if even possible). Especially sharing at original quality.

That’s what’s questionable. I have not ran into one person who glorifies OEVO on the basis of the service itself. It seems like their biggest selling point is the fact that users are getting paid. No service or product can grow long-term if their main selling point revolves solely around paying it’s users. Although people miss vine, it’s important to know that it had its flaws causing others to get frustrated about the app. This is exactly why Dom isn’t rushing V2. Quality builds longevity.

I don’t see why it wouldn’t potentially can succeed. It seems to have advertising and funding, just needs bug fixes which is normal as it is a new app. I can see why people would think it’s sketchy but, just like other apps they want new members and money.

Their strategy is fundamentally flawed. Paying people to use your app has a better chance of working if you had a quality product to begin with. It would be one thing if OVEO came before vine but since it came afterwards the constant comparisons will always be made. Like a said, longevity is the key to a thriving business.

1 Like

Well I guess it’s all up to time then, it seems to have potential but I guess we’ll see in the long run.

Indeed…I’m kinda curious as to how or what this app might become

Please stop being so negative about the app, the forums are a place of positivity and they are ready to start a new with our help.

1 Like