Why name it V2? Better name?

I realize that the app itself is supposed to not be related to Vine because it is owned by Twitter, but by creating the name V2, are you not basically inciting that the platform is, in fact, a second coming of the app?

I have no problem with the name at all but was just curious to see the reason of calling it V2 without trying to have a relation to the original platform! If you could name the app, would you keep it as V2, or would you change it to something else?

4 Likes

It was probably named v2 so fans of Vine will recognize the similar name/logo and quickly spread the word. I am curious to see if V2 will stick.

4 Likes

What about calling the app verta or loop? @dom

3 Likes

@amelia V2 can also mean Version2 :slight_smile: & Dom said loop wasn’t an option —>

I think the name will just be V2 :ok_hand:

4 Likes

I think that the name v2 will stick because,as you mentioned above,it means that this is the 2nd version of the app,without being related to the original vine app

2 Likes

I would prefer a new name…
I feel like you need to do something new, something original.
Not just the name, the app aswell…

Most people had already lost interest in the last app before they killed it… So they probably need to do something new to get the “hype” back… :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Calling it V2 would be a bad choice on Dom’s part cause then it would just be compared to vine all the time and will probably get slated even more for trying to be like vine…

1 Like

I have no idea if Dom and the V2 team would legally be able to use similar names or logos for V2.
I think in my opinion it should be a placeholder so when he actually releases it- everyone is shocked so the people who tried to copy his app would basically lose all their audience etc.

2 Likes

There is a possibility that the V2 name is just something dom is using for now until he can think of a better name.

2 Likes

Well thinking outside the box here ummmm what about Beam? I was trying to think of a word that can be used in catchphrases like, It’s all about that beam, beam me, beamed it. Idk just a thought @dom

1 Like

Some companies just make up fake words and hell that might work in this case

1 Like

V2 is most likely just a placeholder for now.

2 Likes

I’m kind of used to v2 by now but I also think that a new name would be cool

1 Like

It is the second version of Vine with new features. Isn’t it @dom ?

1 Like

Actually it has no coronation to Vine. At least accorsing to @dom

1 Like

Yeah but when he sold vine to twitter then twitter shut it down not long after so idk if he’ll want it to be massively like it, I mean I know it is gonna be similar but idk :woman_shrugging:t2:

I dont have problems with the name, maybe Dom will change it when he launch the beta

He says that V2 will have no affiliation to Twitter whatsoever. About the name:

For all we know @dom may just be using V2 as a placeholder.