Why is this being shadow banned?

Posted this to my side account but it appears to be shadow banned, why?

https://byte.co/b/LTB4567KuZt

8 Likes

I liked the video loll the first time u posted it, I was laughing at how accurate it was :joy: not sure why it’s being hidden either

3 Likes

Yeah it’s giving me this

4 Likes

Ridiculous

3 Likes

Question (might sound stupid) but how can you see if your video’s are being shadow banned ?

It’s from my side account and when I didn’t see it in the /meme channel where I posted it I went to my main acct and saw that it had been hidden

2 Likes

Weird, I can’t even find the account.

1 Like

It’s still there @AyeYu

You had me worried for a second!!

I follow that one but who is “byte ghost”?

1 Like

just looked into this. it was flagged by a moderator. we generally don’t allow footage of non-fictional violence unless it’s newsworthy (e.g. protests, riots)

in this case the caption recontextualizes it as funny if you have context about the forum, but not everyone does, and our moderation queue doesn’t actually surface the caption so the moderation team (who don’t read the forum anyway) actually lacks that context. so that’s a good find and at least one thing we should work on

i restored your post

we’ll work on 2 things:

1. looking into a way to surface the caption in moderation in case the caption recontextualizes the video
  2. running a test that changes policy on videos with this “level” of violence so that they get a secondary contextual review by someone else on the team before a course of action is decided
13 Likes

Oh wow, cool. Thanks @dom !

1 Like

Fascinating

2 Likes

Agree.

1 Like

Woah I totally didn’t get it and thought you had an account called Byte Ghost lol

2 Likes

Hahahahahaha

1 Like

@dom is there a way to remove the shadowban? I think i was flagged for something just not sure what o.o

2 Likes

If it’s a specific byte you should drop the link