Why is byte not shown? Google Play Store

Why is it when you search apps like TikTok in the app store that byte is not shown as a similar app in the recommendation feed? There are other apps like thriller and firework. Byte and the other two are not even recommended.Just curious if anyone else finds this weird?

1 Like

Well I mean if you think about it the play store is an extension of google. What is google? it is a search engine so if you think about it the play store at the end of the day is just a search engine. So it is ranking and recommending byte based on the rankings on the store. Maybe someday it will be recommended like Tik Tok as it grows though.

1 Like

That makes since. I just think byte, firework and thriller is more similar to TikTok than snapchat and Instagram. I guess in my head fitting apps like that all together in the similar app category makes more since.

1 Like

Yea it does tbh google could do more to work on fitting apps and just overall things into categories across all of their brands. That is something they are lacking for sure across many things like YouTube and even Google search!

1 Like