Why don’t you like Billie Eilish?

If you don’t like Billie Eilish tell me why

6 Likes

she freaks me out in every way possible

2 Likes

I actually like her, don’t mind her. Talented person

5 Likes

She has some good songs, but she’s often very breathy when she sings and has some disturbing lyrics I don’t care for

She has a really bad personality

1 Like

Posh girl from posh family. So super jellie. Wish I was a posh girl

3 Likes

It’s 2020, what’s stopping you?

1 Like

For the same reasons I don’t like most other celebrities. If I like someone’s music, sure, their music is good. But the benefits they reap just kind of disturb me sometimes – Billie Eilish is the product of what happens if you throw money at a tween and overproduce and market her to the point where everyone perceives everything she touches is the Holy Grail. It’s insane what marketing and production can do to your average Joe. If I told a friend of mine to mumble into a microphone and say a few lines and they’d be a millionaire, I’m sure anyone would do it – it all comes down to marketing and connections, which she was born into. But then again, that’s my opinion on a lot of Hollywood, so it isn’t fair to just single her out.

It’s the social disconnect between Hollywood or general stardom and the public. Ricky Jervais said it best in his speech at the Golden Globes, and I paraphrase: 'you’ve all been in less school than Greta Thunberg has." I mean, just look at what Gwenyth Paltrow has been pushing with her fame, a bunch of MLM pseudoscientific products preying on the ignorance of the public, and it only works because she’s Gwentyth Paltrow. It’s all superficial, making tens of millions of dollars from a very young age, and at the same time sacrificing a core piece of what makes people human; preaching about humanitarian crises but turning right around and flying in world-class chefs to cook them dinner that cost the amount of money a working-class person makes in two months.

I just don’t agree with the idea of celebrities, kissing the ground people walk on because they have money or have done X thing, when 9 times out of 10, they were born into that circumstance. I think idolization isn’t very healthy when it’s a product of circumstance, not talent. I do appreciate self-made celebrities who rose from nothing, like my boy Marshall Mathers. And that isn’t also to say I don’t like my fair share of artists or movie producers – admiration is one thing, but idolization is another. It also isn’t to say I don’t appreciate the vast amount of charity work some celebrities have done – Pewdiepie and Markiplier, two YouTubers building entertainment platforms from the ground up, raising tons of money for charity! And that’s great. However, many celebrities don’t know what it’s like to be…a normal person. To be hungry. To be in financial struggle. To have to make decisions. Go througu the motions. And in many cases, I can’t bring myself to even admire someone whose fame and wealth was handed to them on a silver platter.

1 Like

I actually like her music and personality tbh! :smile: I first heard about her from friends who told me that we laugh the same way (and they were damn right) so from that moment on I started listening to her music. :joy:

3 Likes

When I first heard of her I thought people were saying Billie Irish lol

2 Likes

Fair enough but none of this is about her or in her control? People idolising her has nothing to do with her or her personality.

She’s a teenage girl who pretty much acts like every other teenage girl lol.

To say everyone could do it is just wrong, there are throusands of people who try do it and flop☠️

Apart from like the kardashian most celebs did work for their fame and didn’t grow up insanely rich.

5 Likes

What do you think of her music

What do you think of her music and lyrics

1 Like

It is just the music really. I am a snob, so I don’t connect with a lot of popular stuff.

1 Like

I like her! The reasons people have listed for not liking her are just things that make her a super unique artist!

5 Likes

She’s my spirit animal lol. How she looks so melancholic on the outside, is how I feel inside. Just very…whatever, go with the flow of life, lol

2 Likes

she and her family aren’t posh at all. they were pretty poor and average

4 Likes

Billie Eilish is Queen. That is all.

2 Likes

not a fan. her lyrics are super basic imo, but im not the one to ask about this stuff i have awful taste in music haha

From what I’ve been presented about Billie Eilish, I like her. She seems quite humble and is always thrilled by fan covers and loves to meet fans. Of course, that could be the marketing talking. I also quite like her music.

Let’s take another example, I like Chris Brown’s music, but I am not a fan of him personally.

1 Like