Why do people like Vegas Pro editing software?

I’ve never understood the appeal, especially compared to software like Adobe Premiere CC, Avid, and DaVinci Resolve.

4 Likes

Baffles me too. :thinking:

1 Like

I don’t know :woman_shrugging: .Adobe Primere is so much better.

1 Like

Adobe Premiere is better and I love it , but anyone can use sony vega, plus its super simple

1 Like

Ive been using and will only use premiere pro :joy:got used to it anyway

1 Like

I feel like Vegas is more for elaborate project and movie makers, and premiere is for the common folk AND movie makers. Maybe it just feels more exclusive? I got premiere pro for free (don’t worry it’s not illegal) but there may be the price difference as a factor

1 Like

Because of the Pro in the name…

JK. It’s really simple and easy to use. Very professional as well.

2 Likes

Don’t know… Premiere is much more awesome according to me

1 Like

I’ve used Vegas and premier and I have to say my vegas was horrible

2 Likes

:joy::joy:8 char

Idk about that maybe Vegas can be cracked easily that’s why hahaha

1 Like

The thing is, Premiere (in my eyes in terms of the people I know) is more recognizable than Vegas is. And major TV production use Premiere like SNL (They actually switched from Final Cut Pro 7 a few years ago after Apple abandoned the original product model).

Oh cool I didn’t know SNL used Premiere

That’s true. After switching from a MacBook Pro to a Dell XPS 13 2 years back I had to switch to Premiere as well. I already had a CC subscription so that wasnt the problem, but I did miss Final Cut. Premiere was very different to me because there are so many different ways you can achieve the same result that you want. I eventually got the hang of it and really appreciated the integration with After Effects. Now looking back I think Premiere is better than Final Cut in a sense because of the faster workflow, but I still miss the insane export speed on FCPX.

1 Like

Yeah Adobe has a small promotion video about SNLs switch from Final Cut to Premiere.

1 Like

I think it just comes down to personal preference, I’ve used Adobe After Effects but I’m used to Sony Vegas, so I’d naturally go there for video editing before AE

1 Like

Plus wouldn’t the other one make more sense for longer videos? I think SVP is decent for 6 seconds

1 Like

I have to agree Final Cut and Vegas Pro both have a faster workflow,I like them for on the go edting for trips for example. But, Adobe Premiere is more complex and complete, as full package editing software (Same as you Adobe is my main editing software

1 Like

Exactly! FCPX feels too much like iMovie. They made iMovie more like the mobile app so that comparison doesn’t make as much sense but I think you’ll understand what I mean.

1 Like

Totally understand haha