Why did V*** die?

I got the general gist of it, but like what were the causes that led to the demise of the original app? Also what could be done to avoid V2 facing the same problems?

9 Likes

I’m guessing it wasn’t earning enough money for Twitter?

7 Likes

Well Previous vine app was sold to twitter and they closed it cause maybe they wanted to have a good twitter platform for videos or maybe they saw some inactivities on app.

4 Likes

Twitter ended it

5 Likes

The app had already been going downhill since before Twitter bought the app, people weren’t really making vines any more because they were too short and people were looking for a new longer way to create videos, and then Instagram came out with an option where you could create 15 second long videos, kicking Vine to the curb.

9 Likes

As far as i know, Vine didnt have any type of advertisement on the site so basicaly they didnt make any money off of Vine. Also Twitter wasnt doing a very good job cus tbh facebbok and Instagran were just killing twitter so it had to fire alot of people who worked at twitter and reduce the costiness (if thats even a word lol) and one of the ways eas to shut down vine, cus they didnt had tye money to pay the people that maintained the app i guess and they fired them.

6 Likes

Twitter basically ended it , I heard they tried selling it, but no one wanted to purchase it

To be honest I hate Instagram videos a lot, I don’t know why but I think that it’s just not good, I’ve always preferred Vine over all video platforms, apart from YouTube of course, the OG.

6 Likes

same, i preferred the short 6 seconds - to the point videos better. OUR ATTENTION SPAM IS SHORT

5 Likes

I too prefer the 6 second videos , Instagram videos I don’t like too much

3 Likes

Yeah - Twitter killed it - but for me I associated the original with comedy / memes that were better than musically - it’s just weird because vine is all over YouTube so part of me feels like it never died

2 Likes

That’s so true and I completely agree, I preferred the 6 second videos, yet the creators felt that there wasn’t much they could do in 6 seconds any more and back then Instagram was smart and came out with the 15 second video option. People felt that they had more to say now and weren’t cramped up in 6 seconds, they began talking more in their videos and not having to rush. But now those 15 second videos turned into however long you want in under a minute which kind of kills the point. So V2 can have its glory back since FaceBook ruined Instagram’s 15 second videos.

3 Likes

The thing with Instagram videos is that it has the similar problem that vine had, (relatable/narcissist content) but worse, because on vine there was much more comedic and artistic content compared to instagram. Plus, on instagram, there is 60 seconds of cringe instead of 6 seconds

Also, on topic, an advertisement system could have saved vine.

2 Likes

Yes I also heard that😏

1 Like

Well yes vine was an og source for short videos, but then again, videos are used by everyone and should be available for everyone to share on any platform.

YES, there are many bad quality videos on instagram but you have to shine some light on the people that actually put in effort such as editors and the niche accounts (food, slimes, adventure and such).

2 Likes

Agreed!!!

To keep its dignity.

Vine didn’t wanted to look like they’ve been walked over by other social medias such as (Instagram). Instead, they decided to leave rather to be seen as unimportant.

Exemple, when a couple are together, they get so use to it that they don’t value every single time they are together so much. But when someone decide to break up, the other (often) start begging to stay. Get the point?

By the way, I knew vine was gonna come back at some point, just not that fast. And yes, I love Justin :heart:

2 Likes

One word Twitter

1 Like

Blame Twitter

2 Likes