Why are you NOT attempting your dreams?

I’m not here to inspire I only want you to do. To be honest I’m only just starting out, but I know I have a chance of making my dreams come true if I take the little action I take now. I see too many of you guys having a link to your IG and there’s nothing there or you haven’t updated in months. You and I both know that the most talented people in showbiz don’t win. There’s plenty of mcdonald level quality content creators making millions a year from mediocre content. Why aren’t you doing it?

5 Likes

expectations, doubt about a stable future, potentially wasting my life and totally humiliating myself. But I’m actually getting closer to doing what I want so that’s good

6 Likes

Yeah. Same here.

3 Likes

I’m just lazyy

5 Likes

Same here.

Probably because I’ve been trying hard to put myself together but it still doesn’t work. But anyways I am not stopping there, I am still continuing to discover myself :slight_smile:

1 Like

I feel this! Life’s too short to not work toward your dreams!

1 Like

I’m not in a position where I feel like I can. I’m also a little scared of my own success or maybe failing at it. But as the saying goes, “If you never try, then you chose to fail.”

2 Likes

Wife’s health is more important than my dreams. My dreams may pay off in the future, but they weren’t paying off now, and despite whatever Life Coach Guru says, positive thoughts and vibes don’t pay the medical bills when collections is knocking at your door.

I regret nothing over the last year. I’d do it all again in a heartbeat. Dreams aren’t always attainable, and I’m not trying to be a downer on this, but at some point, you need to make a decision. I did. I’m a year behind where I want to be. I picked it back up, but there will be a time where, doesn’t matter how much fun I’m having, I will need to put it back down, maybe for good, and you, as individuals, as content creators, need to be OK with this turn of events.

The destination is only one part of the journey. Success isn’t an achievement, you don’t ring the bell and stop working. Success is a constant hustle, and it’s also undefinable. Getting back on the forums is a success for me. I’m proud I reached back out. If I quit tomorrow, at least I came back, and I’ll give a proper send off, but I was a success.

Stop defining yourself through the narrow lens of success, and define yourself by the steps you take to create.

Kane out.

3 Likes

I’m afraid of what people may think (mostly known people) buuuuut the good news is that when the app releases I’m sorry but that won’t matter anymore, I prefer being judged a little bit and afterwards succeeding than not trying at all.

3 Likes

Super same here. I don’t really have any confidence because of judgements. I had an experience before that scares me a lot to express mysel. But now I am willing to do it without being afraid anymore because it could make me feel happy and free and life will offer more if you’re more open to possibilities. And I think this can be an important step to improve myself such as with confidence and more.

3 Likes

And remember it’s better to try than to not do it at all, so go and see what happens.

2 Likes

I’ve been slowed down by caring too much what other people think. I catch myself doing that all the time.

3 Likes

I can understand where you’re coming from with this, but if you’re working a job while trying to follow your dreams, just putting in 1 hour a day will net you some results. When this app comes out, the people who are first and consistent on this platform will make it big, not necessarily the best. No different from the people who hopped onto IG on when it first appeared in 2010 and snapchat in 2012. Those who come first win. Vloggers win on these platforms because they post so much. I’d go on a longer rant, but I’ve said enough

1 Like

At least you’re honest, you have an audience though. I’d say just come up with 200 ideas, that you think would be good, then see make a video on it. I wouldn’t say you’re lazy. If you’re spending all your waking hours, replying and posting comments, you’re working hard towards building a community and that’s good.

1 Like

Continue to do discover yourself that’s important, but also take some action on your dreams. I don’t know what dreams you want to achieve, but document instead of create. Imagine if you post bad content now, but 5 years later people see the journey of you making okay content to amazing content later on. That’s juzt 2 cents

1 Like

Very true! Most people will live their life ans not even do.

exactly. You have to do. Thinking means nothing without action

Because I don’t want to make bad content and I’d rather wait till I have a good amount of time to work on what I want to do!

:ok_hand: 8char 8char

In my opinion who cares about the judgement, people will hate at the bottom and then at the top

1 Like