Who are your influences?

When it comes to your writing, editing style, or just overall philosophy on how to use the app - who inspires you the most?

For me, it’s partially the old school Viners like Jake Holland, Thomas Sanders, and Aaron Chewning. But I’m also a huge Jack Black fan. His youtube channel is amazing and just the energy he brings to everything is fantastic. I always want to have that raw enthusiasm in everything I post. Rhett and Link are also big ones. Especially their older videos and more bizarre skits, before GMM got so huge.

Enough rambling from me. What about you guys?

13 Likes

Hm that’s a toughie. My dad really lol. He’s really funny and when I make him laugh I feel super accomplished.
From the internet world though (it’s about to get controversial) PewDiePie. He never expected to get as far as he did, and he has a fun personality and doesn’t care what the media portrays him as. I miss watching his videos since he’s currently on break, but I’ve been rewatching some since I had to stay home from school (due to being sick)

6 Likes

Honestly David Dobrik lol. In regards to being consistent and working hard no matter what it is you’re doing. Also his content is some of the best on YouTube.

10 Likes

I am in complete agreement on PewDiePie. He had is probably the most genuine and humble person on the whole platform and has only ever made what HE wants to make, not what’s popular at the time. Been following him for close to a decade… As for other YouTubers I’d go with John and Hank Green, and Rhett and Link. Former Viners (now YouTubers) Cody Ko and Danny Gonzales as well.

5 Likes

Dobrik’s drive is INSANE.

7 Likes

6ix9ine

6 Likes

It definitely is!

5 Likes

Yes a fellow 19 year old on the forums!!

4 Likes

@Bwise
@RoddersRobot
@360KimWap

4 Likes

So can we expect some wild animals in your future bytes :joy:

3 Likes

Enjajaja! Enya umanzor!

3 Likes

:blue_heart: :heart:Byte official color

1 Like

David Dobrik :clap:t4:

3 Likes

tana mongeau

2 Likes

that was a joke

6 Likes

I’m just trying my own thing. I only want to make original content, even if it doesn’t feel original at times. I love Chappelle, Burr, Griffin, Murphy, Pewds, etc, but I don’t want to be a copy, you know?

1 Like

HAHA!! And a good one! :laughing:

2 Likes

Totally understand. It is very, very difficult not being a copy of your favorites when you start out. But they’ll always be a small part of what you’re doing - even when you evolve and find your own voice. Each one of the guys you mentioned have heroes that they emulate.

1 Like

facts. David Dobrik is an inspiration for me, too!

2 Likes

Cody Ko and Noel Miller

3 Likes