When you were a child, did you do this?

Did you ever do things as a child that were innocent/cute at the time, but it’s stupid now?

For example:

I used to write letters to the garbage people, but instead of giving them my letters- I threw them in the trash because I somehow thought that they’d find it.

Or- put a stick in the ground hoping it would grow into a tree. When my dad had to mow the yard, he’d mow around my “tree” because he knew how much I was trying to make a tree.

I look back on this with fondness but also with a bit of cringe :joy: Did any of y’all use to do this? If so, I’d love to hear it!

24 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:… I’m crying laughing

10 Likes

When I was little, I used to flash random small items; I thought that it’ll travel to another country or a better place. I used to flash money (coins), my toy cars, etc. But, I stopped when the toilet broke and I got in trouble. :sob::joy: (Age 7 - 8)

5 Likes

I literally thought that they would find it :sob::sob: and it wasn’t one like I wrote them every week for a couple of months fam :joy::joy::joy::joy: how the heck you break a toilet :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: bet you got smacked into next Tuesday

8 Likes

I fully just think i was insane as a child, because and i think my mom knew about this. i used to eat coins. mostly pennies and dimes. id swallow them whole, and i think about that sometimes. what if i cough one day and all of the change comes out.

7 Likes

You like a whole bank fam

8 Likes

there was an ad on the back of my coloring book that said if I sent it in, they would use one of my drawings inside. My dumb self shoved the whole book in the mailbox and tried to send it :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

6 Likes

Childhood memories are a minefield. :boom: :joy:

3 Likes

This just made my night :joy:

5 Likes

I once put an apple in the ground but 10~ years later there is still no apple tree. :tear:

4 Likes

no not the trash thing but let me tell you about this time I tried to grow a tree army! :joy:

4 Likes

I used to turn my stuffed animals away from me when I did something embarrassing bc I thought they could see me

4 Likes

The same energy as me throwing my garbage letters in the trash :joy: if you and I knew each other as kids, we’d hype each other up so much :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I remember turning my stuffed animals around at night after accidentally watching Chucky. But I feel like I probably did the same thing as you :sob: those bears see all :joy::joy:

3 Likes

This is all so wholesome and adorable it’s absurd.

3 Likes

swallowed coins all morning, shit was so cash

2 Likes

I used to wear one silver shoe on my right foot to the toilet at home to show monsters I was weird like them and they shouldn’t attack me lmaooo, and I used to think the toilet at home would transport me like an elevator to a new family but they would look exactly the same and act exactly the same but I knew they weren’t the same (that idea came from a NZ tv show called ‘freaky’ or something) haha.

I think the reason for the thought process was because the toilet at home was at the end of a huge long hallway and it was creepy af lmao. Kids and their imaginations hey

4 Likes

When I was 5 my favorite movie was Terminator 2. I would spike up my hair like Arnold, put on my leather jacket and walk slowly around the house humming the Terminator theme. But I didn’t have sunglasses like him.
So I would just close me eyes. Because it “made it dark” like sunglasses.
And I’d just walk into things.

5 Likes

ALSO -

3rd grade. Walking home from school. This older kid is trying to get his dog out of someone else’s fenced-in yard because it ran in there. He asked for my help.
I don’t want to help. I want to get home and watch Rocko’s Modern Life.
Instead of saying something normal
I tell him

“Sorry, I only barely speak dog.” To me, this is a perfectly rational thing to say. The older kid is very confused. He asks “you…speak dog?”

I say “yes” and bark at his dog. The dog and the kid just stare at me. I shrug and say “See? He can’t understand me. Sorry.” And then I go home.

I had very few friends on my block.

5 Likes

My brother used to think the same thing- and he’s older than me. I used to think that every time I used the bathroom, I’m giving my doppelgänger DNA so that one day she’ll come up from the toilet and take my place.

Almost the same thing tbh. But I had the thought and just let it be. At least you were somewhat ready :joy::joy: