When are hashtags going live?

Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere, I did a search and really couldn’t find anything definitive. Is there a plan to make hashtags go live anytime soon?

10 Likes

I don’t think they are going to happen before the Partner Program, but they have to be inevitable, right?

3 Likes

That’s what I’m asking lol!

3 Likes

Hashtags soon would be awesome to help discover more people but i dont think there is a set date for it yet that we know… giggles in Dom. :tear:

6 Likes

Exactly

4 Likes

On the vine app, I was pretty sure we had hashtags and they helped find like minded creators. Some of those creators, I’m still friends with on facebook and it helped with tracking stories. I hope the hashtags come back. And the trending areas.

5 Likes

Totally agree! I’ve already seen users use hashtags, though they don’t yet work.

4 Likes

I remember somewhere on the forum Dom mentioned that hashtags will be added to Byte eventually, but, they weren’t a high priority at the time. But I’m hoping they can be added soon because they are incredibly useful for creating all kinds of fun challenges, memes, trends, and discovering new creators.

7 Likes

I found the thread where Dom talked about hashtags:

https://community.byte.co/t/we-need-hashtags/42909/2

4 Likes

Ive honestly been putting hashtags XD didn’t realize they were not implemented yet but I guess when the feature goes live I’ll have some videos prepared!

3 Likes

It says it’s private.

2 Likes

Oh, sorry, I forgot that’s in the beta tester forum. Dom said hashtags are one of the first big things they’ll add after the launch (or something like them).

2 Likes

Yea I missed out on that. I was using the discord group.

3 Likes

Regardless, I hope they go live soon, they are a staple of social media, and I fear without them it could damage the app. That and the glut of rebyte for rebyte that clogs the feed.

4 Likes

Whenever it happens it will definitely be very beneficial to the Byte community as a whole. Setting byte video challenges and trends as was previously mentioned on this thread will be so much more congruent with hashtags.

2 Likes

I swear! Finding specific content on byte is a nightmare right now. The categories are too generic. Like ‘Comedy’ could have loads of sub-categories. And given the sheer number to bytes uploaded, your byte can get lost in it within seconds!

5 Likes

Hey what’s the limit to the amount of hashtags we can use? Like 5?

2 Likes

Looks like the hashtags are live now but I’m not seeing anything on android. Is the update coming out later for us? I’m assuming it’s out for iOS then

1 Like

It just came out on the iOS beta build so not sure how long for public release.

3 Likes

Gotcha thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes