What's the weirdest thing you're allergic to?

Im allergic to diet soda, more specifically the fake sugar ingredient aspartame! (Spurred by the dumb vending machine that gave me a diet soda when I asked for a regular :joy:)

But what’s the weirdest allergy you’ve heard of? If you cant think of one, more common allergies are fine! Allergies are just interesting to me, so share away!

7 Likes

Pineapples, cherries and I’m extremely allergic to nectarines last time I ate one my whole throat and tongue started swelling and I almost had to go to the hospital.

7 Likes

Oh my gosh! That’s a tough thing to avoid! I had a coworker who was anaphylactic to cantaloupe.

I hope youre okay now!

4 Likes

Yeah I’m good now but I only basic fruits like apples, oranges, bananas and totally avoid cherries, pineapples and nectarines.

7 Likes

Apples oranges and bananas are good fruits though!!

5 Likes

I am allergic to Bananas, snap peas, and a melon called jackfruit

5 Likes

i am allergic to nothing

3 Likes

Lucky yet still interesting!

3 Likes

Yooo jackfruit! From what I’ve heard you’re not missing much, isnt that the fruit that smells like farts?

4 Likes

not really lol. and It tastes amazing. like a mix of pineapple, mango, and banana.

5 Likes

no you are thinking of a durian

5 Likes

Ohhhhhhhh. I’ve never had either :confused:

3 Likes

I’m allergic to school.

7 Likes

Nothing that I know of. Poor @Yoshidas over here can’t eat bananas! I love bananas so much I can’t imagine not having them in my life.

5 Likes

I eat like 3 bananas a day

3 Likes

Aww poor @Yoshidas can’t eat bananas?! Well, I’m not allergic to anything, at least I don’t think so. But it’s very interesting seeing all these weird allergies haha

6 Likes

I went almost 13 years of my life thinking it was normal for diet soda to make you sweat and feel itchy, I thought that’s why it was diet, it made you sweat it out :joy::joy: maybe you’re allergic to something you just havent encountered it yet (hopefully not but who knows :joy:)

3 Likes

I used to wear metal framed glasses and I would get a rash on the side of my face for like forever, and I asked the optometrist and she said that I might be allergic to titanium but other than that nothing.

3 Likes

At least Diet Pepsi is aspartame-free now haha

2 Likes

The weirdest thing I’m allergic to is grass. I went to some doctor where they wanted to see why my eye allergies weren’t going away so they did this little arm thing and did little sample droplets from different things & grass was the one I had a reaction to. Who would’ve thought right?:joy: but whenever I’ve went to the park I don’t feel affected so yea

6 Likes