Whats about " Swipe Up "?

What do you think about the possibility to “swipe up” or generally redirect your audience to another website or page?
I know, it’s a feature already seen but it could be interesting for many brands who wanna approce the new V2 as a promoter.
It could be interesting for making branded content on the app.

Let me know what do you think guys
Good morning from Italy :metal:t2:

5 Likes

I’m not against the idea of adding links to your description, but I am definitely against swiping up. I spent most of my time on Vine swiping vertically (usually up) and I’d hate for every other vine I see open up a link when I try to scroll over the video portion of it.

I can totally get behind the idea of having hyperlinks in the descriptions. I’d also appreciate a confirmation prompt and the ability to trust domains (e.g. trust YouTube.com the first time you click it, never get prompted again about that domain)

7 Likes

oh i see what u mean, instead of the “swipe up” there could be a redirect button.
What’s about that? and ofc i am totally in with your idea

Well if someone links something mysterious, I don’t want to accidentally click it. A simple warning would fix that. Something like, “Are you sure you want to visit v2.co?” and the options “No”, “Yes (for now)”, and “Yes (always)”- the last option being a way to trust it so you don’t have to keep pressing Yes.

4 Likes

Yeah it can be as u sayd.
Let’s be honest, i am not a fan of “swipe up” for everyone, but maybe it could be usefull for a big creator, someone who people and V2 can trust.
Content that involves the use of hyperlinks could be subjected to a preliminary check by V2 maybe, I mean before they are published.
This can be a really good way to approach branded content in my opinion

1 Like

I can see a gesture rather than just a direct tap on a link being used in promoted content or in advertisements (should v2 have ads). I think of Snapchat when I see/hear the phrase “Swipe Up” and in Snapchat it makes way more sense to add a link to an entire post. In v2, I think videos that ask you to do something special like a gesture should stay as promotions. I wouldn’t like to see an artist post a video where they ask the viewer to “swipe up”.

1 Like

I totally agree with you

A confirmation of links and things as such would be great since swiping up would be an annoyance. But if there is a swipe up feature, maybe there should be a full-screen feature as well. Since generally speaking, it would be a better feature, when you want to just see one vine.

2 Likes

Honestly I think this is a great idea. It would help a lot of people, mostly famous people or people that have sponsors or youtube channels to promote their content.
The only bad thing I can think about it is having to missclcik and go to some random page or having annoying users like Lele Pons who posts parts of her videos on ig and tell them to go watch it on youtube. So she would post like 5 videos of 6seconds with the link. They’ll abuse it.

1 Like

There will always be people who abuse online services, but i get your point :wink:

Yeah, I think something similar to this would definitely be useful kind of like YouTube and the bubbles you’re able to add to your profile for people to click.

1 Like

@kaden opinion?

i like the idea of adding links, but not "swiping up"
links belong in the bio area, imo

1 Like

i believe it would be a good idea if implemented correctly. and what i mean by that is; not on evey page/vine/live whatever it might be, and there is a very specific place for it to be.

the only thing i consider a good and a bad is that it will encourage 3rd party companies to pay viners to “promote” their content on the page which could be annoying for users, but good for artists.

thanks for bringing me into the topic :wink:

2 Likes

You’re welcome :wink:

Yes, you’re right it could be annoying.
I actually work as an account manager for a webstar company in Italy and if a branded content is done properly, I mean if the product is right for the content creator, it is not “boring” at all.
I’m not sure I explained myself properly :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think holding the vid for an extended period of time would be better than a swipe… Maybe hold down for 6 seconds for a redirect?? Play on the 6 second bit… @dom whaddya think?

1 Like

it could be a good option, my idea was simply to propose a feature that would allow redirection

1 Like

yeah, I like your idea. I would just think holding the vid down is true confirmation you want to see something. When I swipe up on Instagram to see more content I sometimes open links… it gets annoying.

1 Like

I think just the ability to put a clickable link in your vid’s description is something that should be standard. For some reason IG isn’t implementing it but otherwise it seems like a pretty standard feature, even if it isn’t “swiping up” per se.

2 Likes

Quick Summary:

2 Likes