What/Who are you named after?

What/who were you named after? Or why did your parents (or whoever) choose your name out of the infinite amount of names that exist? I was named after a singer :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I was named after my grandmother Cristina. Actually my name would have been Christina but my dad had to ruin it by twisting it and insisted on naming me Christiane.
Here I am now, nearly 22 years later and super mad about this :laughing: especially after I found out LAST YEAR my name would’ve been Christina.
Maybe I might change it someday, thank god people just call me Chris or Christy but still though. I knoooooow it ain’t this bad :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

I was named after my dad. His name is Jackson

4 Likes

I wasn’t named after anyone in particular. But my surname comes from St. Ignatius. Sadly, I don’t think I have the capacity to perform supernatural miracles.

Yet. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I like both. Christiane is Stanley Kubrick’s wife’s name. You’re in good company!

2 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile: I know, it’s not such a bad name. I really like the English pronounciation of it but nobody calls me like that though

1 Like

Completely disregard me and make me feel insignificant lmao

1 Like

I remember my mom telling me I was named after Ahmad Rashad.
And I was like. “WHO?!?!” lol

1 Like

I was named after nobody hehehe I had to get an American name

3 Likes

i was born on st tatyana’s day so

1 Like

i think my dad just liked the name maria sooo

2 Likes

Uhhh, it’s a long story so here ya go.

I was supposed to be named ian nyll (silly right?! It’s bc my parents used the pick-the-letters from both their names method) and they thought I was a boy until my parents found out we were twin girls, they had a little modification, hence with the names iaa nyll and aia nyll (my twin sister lmao)

1 Like

I’m not entirely sure lol #ByteFam

1 Like

Roughly about 19 years ago my dad used to play Minecraft all the time and wanted the word “ore” from diamond/iron/gold ore to be in my name.

5 Likes

My name is Rafiki. I was named after a blue monkey from lion king.

8 Likes

Named after my great grandfather :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I made up my name.

I was named after a book in the Bible

1 Like

There was a song that my father used to listen when he was little that talked about someone that was named like me and my father always was curious about how would the girl in the song be like… he decided the girl would be like his daughter.

2 Likes

My idiot father. Thinking about changing my name, just need to know what I’m changing it to.

1 Like