What was your life like before byte was announced?

so like main goals in life, boredom, etc? Just wondering. FOr me personally, I wanted to be a viner in december of 2017. byte’s announcement popped up at the perfect time for me lol. i would stalk the forums 24/7 whenever i could lol

11 Likes

Pretty boring lol this has been super fun

4 Likes

Here’s my story: I wanted to be part of an app, to be a creator somewhere but I didn’t like YouTube, it was too mainstream. Everyone had this “I want to be a youtuber” fever and content was unoriginal and so on but suddenly, KAPAW. I saw some articles saying things like “vine is coming back with the name of v2” so I started looking up for more information (i discovered a Russian app called coub where you can upload 8 sec vids lol) and I finally found the forums. Right now, we’re still here hoping and waiting.

9 Likes

Before I heard about byte I was kinda bored with school and other stuff, I just quoted old vines with my twin and my friend. I wanted to do YouTube but a lot of people I knew had channels and i didn’t want to be known as the kid with 2 subscribers. I heard that vine was coming back and that there was a community forum for it so I joined. When I heard about byte I was so excited and ready for it that i wrote a lot of video ideas. I still can’t stop dreaming about byte every night (rhyme).

5 Likes

that’s sick man. If I could, I would start a YouTube channel. If you look back to the genuine days, it’s just such a good experience~

4 Likes

Not very exciting. I disliked the job i had at that time :sob: and then I started off on YouTube but it’s so hard these days getting any recognition on it, not matter how hard you work :pensive:. so I started to regret how I wasn’t always posting during the good times on Vine (because of school and exams), because this could have been my shot and I literally loved this app. So I started to miss the app and decided to google it and this was around december 2017. I went on Twitter and read the news about V2 and about the forums coming soon. My wig was snatched and I was suuuuper hype and here I am, still excited and looking forward to it :star_struck: My excitement grew even more while I was writing this :joy: :star_struck:

6 Likes

same!! i love it when that happens. i totally get where ur coming from my dude. let us make byte very enjoyable

3 Likes

Let’s effing do this :muscle:t6::muscle:t6:!!!

1 Like

Waiting for something to happen I guess. I was just doing school stuff and nothing too exciting was going on. And then the opportunity I had been waiting for appeared. I know I shouldn’t wait for things to happen, but I mean I’m in high school and idk there wasn’t a whole lot to do.

1 Like

Hey same here (but not on the job part because I enjoy mine somehow)

2 Likes

Mine was all things and stuff. My life was really boring. My job is the only reason I wake up in the morning (too much but half meant) and do blogging (which I accidentally deleted recently). I also attempt making youtube but I was not confident back then.
Then byte was brought to my attention (I don’t know how specifically) and introduced me this forum in which I find really kind, supportive, fun and empowering people. And ta da, I am so hyped for byte.

2 Likes

Ahh that’s great! Well I got a new job and I totally enjoy it :raised_hands:t6:

3 Likes

Well with me I was a kid who was posting rap videos on my Instagram, cause i wanted show my talent. And every now and then i would write down ideas and record skits if vine was to come back. But i knew it wasn’t, I would search on google every 2 months to find other apps like vine so I can share my humor with the world. Then I found out V2 was coming out. So i stocked dom’s page to see when. And i stumbled across byte in October. And here we are now pretty much

1 Like

I’m a Video Creator, since October 2015. I started with comedy stuff (Podcast, Vines, Gifs…), then I began creating my own style in 2017 doing dramatic, suspenseful, “plot twisted” videos and short movies. But this latest 2-3 months I got lost, want to create, but I didnt know on which format exactly.

Thats why in december 2018, I decided to move back to comedy, cuz I missed to do it, and I started working on my Instagram account, exactly in my birthday, by doing a 1 minute skit called “Birthday Note”, and then a second one called “Best dance teacher”, but I felt like its a little bit too late growing on insta, like I missed its real growing time, but I kept fighting, until I found out about byte, as the second version of vine, the app that gave birth to most of my idols. It was the perfect time for me, It gave me a hope boost to keep fighting.

2 Likes

Use this as a marketing platform to start my own online Buisness as a social media influencer.

1 Like

Same as it is now tbh, normal… and slightly boring

1 Like

rats man. uh, why don’t u pick up a hobby? it’s fun, trust me. drawing/doodling’s one of my favorites

2 Likes

:neutral_face: Happy :neutral_face:

1 Like

same as usual, but i was in a crappy online school and i wanted vine back

1 Like

a whole lot of gmod

2 Likes