What was your 1st job?

I’m in the process of finding my first job, a part-time job preferably because I’m still in college but taking online classes, and I’m just curious about where you guys started your “journey” :blush:

So what was your job you first started out with?

10 Likes

I’m trying to find a part-time job whilst I’m at uni. I’m looking for something in retail as it’s probably the easiest for a student.

I had a job where I set up tables and chairs for an art society. Apart from that I’ve just had odd jobs as a waitress and babysitting.

2 Likes

I was thinking about retail too such as in a mall at a clothing store I really like especially to get discounts, I just don’t know about the hours they’ll schedule… such as if holidays or til closing eeek :grimacing:

But I like how everything will be convienent especially the food court :stuck_out_tongue:

Other than that probably a a hostess for a restaurant or some entertainment arcade bowling place :thinking:

1 Like

okay a lifeguard is pretty cool haha

1 Like

hanging around on a beach… sounds perfect

2 Likes

Yeah, it had its perks

1 Like

Idk how but my mum somehow got me a job at a hairdressers down the road from where I live, I’m still in high school so I’m still at my first job

4 Likes

I worked the front desk for my college’s vice principle! It was super easy and kinda fun! Most stressful part was being able to properly transfer calls… I’ve accidentally sent them to the wrong person or hung up entirely on them before… :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I work a part time job, no school, that’s all they had an opening for… I clean up in a restaurant, before it opens at 11 am… cleaning jobs are always the best to me, because you typically have a fixed schedule, and you know what you’re doing everyday because it’s a cleaning job, so you know your cleaning :joy::joy:

5 Likes

I’m like 2 years old so I’m not old enough for a job. I have worked for my grandpa though, if that counts.

4 Likes

Chipotle is a great first job lol especially if you’re in school

3 Likes

never had a job tbh hmm

3 Likes

Working as a freelance wedding videographer. I never really had a knack for working under someone else, so I just started my own practice!

3 Likes

Wendys :slight_smile:

4 Likes

My first job was through a summer youth program. I worked in a library. I think I was in the 8th or 9th grade. It was a really cool program aimed at kids to teach us how to behave in a professional setting, attendance, problem solving, writing checks, etc

3 Likes

First job for me was working at stock room supervsior at a woman’s retail clothing store. Took me an entire year to find that first job.

2 Likes

@plushbeats do you mind me asking what made the search happen over a year?

3 Likes

I think my first job was stocking shelves at Walmart. But it was soul crushing :tired_face:Managers would call me on my days off and demand that I cover people’s shifts. My co-workers were negative as hell. The work was tedious for little pay and it made me realize the importance of being self-employed. Never working a 9 to 5 ever again.:100:

5 Likes

Piano Teacher! Then a lifeguard. I would recommend lifeguard in as your first job because the hours are normally flexable, it’s good pay, and you learn a lot about first aid and cpr if it’s anything you’ll ever need to know!

3 Likes

Teacher’s Aide. 8-3 and summers off. It’ll get you where you need to go.

Kane out.

3 Likes