What type of phone do you record content on?

Hello fellow Byters!
I was just curious how many of you use android phones vs Iphones.
Please fill out your designated phone below and feel free to comment the experience you have had using your phone type:

• Android
  • Iphone

0 voters

2 Likes

Hmm, well I export content on my phone! But… it’s taking more storage space :flushed:

1 Like

What do you mean? Are you filming on a camera and then importing it to your phone?

1 Like

Yes!

1 Like

I do it on my iphone 8 but they come out potato quality. So I tried my camera and same thing. Trying to change my export settings and put it into premier pro now :frowning:

2 Likes

I film on an Android, on 1080p. The camera was good but the lighting is really bright and makes me look pale, so I edit it’s brightness, contrast, saturation, temperature and tint for it to not look lame, export to 1080p, but still mess quality

1 Like

It’s so frustrating isn’t it?! :sob: does your quality degrade or is that your native camera quality? I’m not familiar with IPhones but I know the IPhone cameras are normally pretty top notch!

Awe you’re having at least a half decent experience it seems! (optimism is great when things get rough :cry: :laughing: ) Does your quality degrade once you import it to Byte or is that your native quality on your phone?

I have to admit, yea the quality sightly drops once I post it compared to the original clips I adjusted, but it’s just minor and very slight so not totally a big deal for me now. I can notice the small pixels and stuff and it can get terrible for videos I film at night (I’m fully dependent on the sunlight for lighting)

1 Like

Byte compresses videos to 720p, so if you’re recording in 1080p and above you will experience a degradation in quality as videos have to be compressed to around 2mb.

Stick to HD and you’ll be fine :smile:

2 Likes

Yes I recognize that and thank you for sharing for those who don’t know! But it’s even that my videos get compressed well below 720p. Not too sure why, but it makes my content unusable :sob:

Google Pixel 4. I love it.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing! Do you recognize a sizable degrade in the video quality upon importing video to byte or do you strictly record through the Byte app?

Aww the struggle is real! My story is similar but for some reason my videos are getting degraded to an unbelievable level that the content is no longer suitable for posting. Camera shopping? I sure hope not ://

Oh yeah, for sure. This phone will shoot in 4k. So, it’s noticeable when it gets bumped down to 720.

1 Like

hmm for me when i shoot in 4k on my iPhone 11 and post it obviously isn’t 4k but it’s not all grainy

1 Like

That’s good to hear! I feel the compression rates on some phones is much higher than others unfortunately :// enjoy creating content!

Thank you for sharing! I’ll be checking out some of your Bytes for comparison!

1 Like

I actually don’t use a phone very often, I usually use a Sony A7 to record my bytes, but when i use a phone, I go iPhone :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Mind sharing what hardware your using?? :slight_smile: