What to say to Tik Tok users coming over

Here’s what I did. Explain the app (it is very different from tik tok), but most importantly BE KIND. EVEN IF THEY SAY MEAN STUFF. Giving attitude back is the quickest way to give byte a bad reputation.

Any other suggestions? What have you been telling new users?

15 Likes

Most of them are having trouble understanding the different upload features so I’ve been answering questions about that. They are used to a different format so it’ll take them a second to learn to navigate.

8 Likes

Basically what you’re saying. I just tell them the app is still evolving. It’s already so different from just 6 months ago. I encourage them to dig around because there are some incredible people on here, then I let them know that either way I’m excited that they’re with us!

10 Likes

It almost changes every few weeks, it’s exciting to watch the app evolve.

2 Likes

I’m also gonna start directing them to @Drrhondafail, she’s posting little snippets to teach people about the app!

5 Likes

Just be nice guys. Just remember that no matter TikToker or Byter, everyone’s a human being.

Also, a large portion of TikTok’s demographic is teenagers, so just remember that they are still growing as people.

8 Likes

@TomWho has posted some guides! Direct them to his page!!! He was very detailed on how to work the byte camera etc!

5 Likes

When they ask who our ruler is, I say Kathy Bates from Misery

6 Likes

I just say make looping videos then they replied with “pooping videos?”

1 Like

What if we make a hashtag for tips etc?

#byteschool maybe?

5 Likes

That’s a great idea :bulb:

2 Likes

It’s amazing… If you scroll through the latest its either tiktok vids or people trashing the app… But yes be nice welcome them and just be friendly :blush: And byte school is an awesome idea!!

3 Likes

I’m thinking a curated hashtag, and that way we can all just jump in the comment and say check out ____ to help out.

2 Likes