What to do if you can’t keep up with comments?

This is completely not a complaint. This is guilt. I have realized that guilt is my Achilles heel and every time I miss a comment I feel bad. I know that it’s probably no big deal to most but I hate that I can’t respond to everyone. Yesterday I realized comments had built up on one of Dahlia’s loops and I wanted to spend time and respond to all of them but then got discouraged when I found more I missed.

I don’t think I can keep up. How do you handle responses? Do you have a routine? I was considering just replying on the day it’s posted and then just randomly, but I just don’t want anyone to feel like I’m ignoring them. :cry:

:crossed_fingers:t3:Please never stop commenting:crossed_fingers:t3:

11 Likes

It’s hard, I have the same problem.

This is why I wish we had a “like comment” feature, where we can “like” someone’s comment so that they know we’ve seen their comments and appreciated it, but we don’t necessarily have anything to say. An initial implementation would be the way Instagram does it right now.

One step further would have counted likes, which is like TikTok/Youtube/Facebook’s implementation. This encourages people to make witty or hype comments.

I would love to see either of these things.

17 Likes

Oh, this would be so useful!

1 Like

you will get to a point in time where you get soo many comments it will practically be impossible to respond to with a team of thousands on your side lol.

1 Like

Lol! I can’t imagine anyone ever liking my stuff that much but I would welcome it! :joy: it would mean that byte has billions of users and maybe I can pay the kids to clean the litter box for me. :rofl:

1 Like

Some day! lol

1 Like

They need to make a robot that can do all my chores for the cost of a Dyson so I can just respond to comments. :robot:

2 Likes

everyone that likes and comments I try and make a conscious effort to at least like and sometimes comment on their posts if I haven’t yet. But that again adds another layer of time.

I just want everyone to know that I appreciate it and don’t take it for granted. It took me 37 years to have an original idea and create art people like and care about. It’s literally my life’s dream and I don’t want to screw it up.

sorry if that’s too dramatic. I am a dramatic over-sharer

1 Like

I try to remember that I don’t know what’s going on with someone in real life. They may not have time. These free apps are notoriously buggy. Maybe they didn’t see it. Byte is very good in comparison btw.

Some people don’t read or respond to comments. Maybe for a good reason like harassment. I try to get to everything but I don’t always. Just do the best you can.

2 Likes

I struggle with this because I get anxiety if I don’t respond/acknowledge and I get anxiety trying to respond to all.

I try to set aside one day per week to respond to comments but then I just get overwhelmed.
Ultimately I just wanna watch bytes or make bytes and then I’m easily distracted from my task.

I truly wish we had a “like” comment button because it’s easier for me to acknowledge that I’ve seen the comment.

Some
Comments don’t require a response
But it’s nice to show that you’ve see it
Like or heart at some point would be an awesome option

3 Likes

Same. That guilty feeling is what causes the anxiety. I don’t want anyone to feel left out or ignored and I can’t possibly keep up (which sounds so stupid). But when I focus too much on byte, this happens :flushed:

4 Likes

I don’t always have something to say…but feel the need to acknowledge that I’ve seen it?
I’m pretty notorious amongst my friends for simply reading and giving very short reactions or no response at all…but they know me.

I hate feeling like I’m going to offend someone by no responding when I have nothing to say.

4 Likes

Yes, exactly!

1 Like

Lol, I can’t keep with comments also :sweat_smile:

1 Like

+1 I’ve been suggesting the ability to like comments for a while now. It would make this important engagement tool easier to manage if we could like comments instead of cluttering the comments with 27 "thank you"s. Threaded replies would also be very helpful.

3 Likes

this is probs unnecessary but I reply to every comment even if my replies become repetitive because I am obsessed with showing them I appreciate them for taking time out to comment. my routine usually involves a thank you, a joke referenced back to my post or just laughing back with them:)

2 Likes

Same here. I’m just getting to a point where I am neglecting things I should be doing at home and I have to balance. I am still technically just a stay at home mom To two teenagers and a wife to someone who is working from home full time. The mess, cooking ect is overwhelming even though everyone is helping a bit more. Today is the first day I have done laundry since before I got sick with corona. :flushed:

1 Like

HOLY CRAP I am glad I am not the only one that feels this way. What I’ve been doing, which might be a lil too formulaic for some of y’all, is set aside a specific amount of time each day specifically for catching up on comments/messages/whatever, not just on byte but on all platforms. When the time runs out I don’t feel too guilty if there’s some leftover (well, not always, it’s gotten easier over time), because I can see that I’ve literally put in an hour. And at a certain point, ya just gotta stop. Also… I truly think MOST people are very understanding and don’t care as much as we do haha.

ALSO also, @Lacieyl and @TomWho I would LOVE to be able to like comments, even more to have a top comment ranking system.

5 Likes

Lolol oh my god…TWINS! I have the same exact problem. I either keep up or my laundry and dishes are out of control. There is no in-between.
I get so much anxiety and feel bad if I don’t respond. I see you!! I’m just really busy folding laundry…but I appreciate y’all!

1 Like

aww bless you I hope stuff gets easier, but yeah i should have clarified that as a Uni student i definitely have more time than you as it sounds! so knowing how busy and awesome you are for handling the family during this pandemic, I would completely ‘forgive’ you for not responding:) dw about it hehe

1 Like