What should v2 to address hate?

Some kids on the og app had a lot of hate.

Take Jacob Sartorius, he was told to kill him self and die thousands of times. I’m not a fan of him, but this was way to much and I don’t think v*ne did much or anything to stop it.

It seems a lot of social media’s downfalls are in this area.

What thinks should v2 do to stop this?

3 Likes

Desire death is very bad, I am very strict in these things, if I see people being very onfensive I would put a permanent ban

1 Like

It seems like v2 is creating a pretty positive atmosphere. At the end of the day it will always fall on the users of any app to report the hate they see and encourage others to do so.

4 Likes

Well, when the app blows up, an administrative team can’t do much. Hopefully users with common sense and a heart can help stop this. i don’t want a strike system for comments, that would suck. :expressionless:

4 Likes

Yeh it’s a really fine line between stopping hate and censoring too much. I hope at the least swearing is permitted

3 Likes

agreed…

It’s more of the creators job to get hate off their page. Once someone gets famous, hate is sure to follow… all someone can do is block the person or read the hateful comments and get over it. Not trying to be mean in anyway.

1 Like

Swearing probably is permitted as this app is likely to be 13+

1 Like

i think a real person mod team paired with an automated moderation system would probably work best.
something like that seemed to work pretty well for a site i was a mod on ages ago. but its probably primarily up to the users to report hateful content as they see it.

2 Likes

I think we also have to look in ourselves. Not much can stop a bully from being a bully if that’s who they choose to be.

Why does a stranger you’ve never met hold so much power over u with words? Why read those comments over and over and let those affect you more than your positive supporters?

Stop caring I’d say. In the end who was winning…the sad stranger telling him to die…or now famous jacob?

2 Likes