What’s better?

I have a question?

To you as a creator what do you Prefer?

1 (More likes 300-400) (lot engagement 40-60) ,( less views 1k-2k)

#2 (Not many likes 100-200), (decent engagement 40-60)( tons of views 3k-5k)

What are you? #1? Or #2?

3 Likes

Views baby, VIEWS!!!

1 Like

I would assume ur #2 ?

1 maybe?

1 Like

Forget that “CONTENT”
But besides that likes, it’s more controlled than views

Likes > Loops > Followers

Likes are direct feedback that someone has liked this particular Byte.
Loops are indicative of someone watching your Byte, but they may or may not have liked it.
Followers are tricky, and is often deceiving.

Imagine Kevin Hart, 100k followers, 100k loops, 100k likes. All on 1 video.
vs for example snackteam, 100k followers, 5 million loops, 500k likes. On 150 videos.

So if I was able to choose, I’d choose #1. It means a higher proportion of people liked it.

5 Likes

I’m kind of a mix of both. Lower view count but like count in the 150-350 range and I’d say decent-ish engagement

1 Like

I prefer likes over # of loops. And even look at the ratio of likes to loops. A ton of loops with like 5% likes could still be hundreds of likes…but it’s probably not the best byte. And I prefer comments and interaction over both loops and likes because it’s fun to joke about bytes and talk to people on the app. Making connections with people matters the most, but you don’t always get a perfect way to measure that. So I guess #1 if I had to pick

3 Likes

Lol, I get a lot of loops but not enough likes… but I’ll prefer LOTS of LOOPS!!

2 Likes

This is me being corny and the hand-wave answer, but whatever engagement that translates into new friends is this most important one.

Which, if you wanna be cynical, translates to the currencies that matter on social media. Especially on Byte where I can name the amount of people I personally know on here on a three-fingered hand.

2 Likes

Note: Im not saying every byte with a lower like to loop ratio is a bad byte. It can be indicative of a byte that just isn’t a hit to the most people, but as long as you like it, that’s what matters. I will always believe that the people who succeed the most are the ones that do what they want and are themselves regardless of what others might prefer. Or at least that’s how I wish it always was.

2 Likes

It might be me being sleep deprived so I don’t understand the question, therefore my answer is yes.

2 Likes

Honestly just a good mix of both :woman_shrugging:t6:

1 Like

I have waaay more views than likes anyone so I’ll stick with 2 :sunglasses::ok_hand:

2 Likes