What is next in the new update?

Hope there new features, verified badge, messager, see who rebyte you notification , see how many followers people following , going live

9 Likes

I Would Think that is Coming in version 2.x.x soon. not version 1.x.x (Current Version) of the Byte App.

3 Likes

its been a solid week since the last update, so who knowss

4 Likes

Been pretty curious myself on what’s going to be in the next update. It has been a little while since they had one, normally I believe they have updates every couple of days so guess we will see soon!

3 Likes

really hoping for a dm

1 Like

hopefully a for you page type thing

3 Likes

I know ive said it before and a lot of people are against it but i’m very heavily for a live stream ability. It would allow Byters to interact with their fans more since, unlike YouTube, you don’t get a sense of the person in only 6 second videos. It would also keep those people on the app because they would just go to a different place to live stream and interact with their followers.

It could be really bare bones. No donations, no gifs or emojis flying around. Just a live stream and a chat. Maybe they could send out a notification to their followers that they will go live in 10 minutes so people know… I’m just kinda spit balling here.

10 Likes

I’m hoping we’re going to have a place to put our drafts :sweat_smile: That would be really useful

3 Likes

I really like the no donations/no emojis point. Many steams on TikTok are just the streamer staring at their phones thanking donators.

2 Likes

Same! You can see your followers and following now thought! I follow you :metal:

2 Likes

Maybe have a live? But with a twist into it? Something like a time limit, just like How your limited to 6 seconds on your bytes?

1 Like

I like that idea but it has to be a bit, at least 15 minutes so you can interact with people and give them time to join. I wouldn’t like streams archived either

1 Like

But live streaming would completely go around the whole point of Byte. Byte is meant to be short looping videos and not much more. A simple app with simple features. Not much else.

1 Like

I’m all for the short videos, I don’t want that to change at all. But, the market of video sharing platforms and the way people interact is different now than years ago. People want to interact with the people they follow more now. They want to actually know them. If Byte doesnt want people to get big then leave for YouTube it has to have a few features that allow more communication with the community.

2 Likes

People left for YT from Vine because Vine shut down. Adding live streaming to Byte would make it a competitor to Instagram, TikTok and YT. Thats not the aim of the Byte team. They want for Byte to be a separate thing from all the other platforms. Sometimes simplicity is best. And if people really do want to interact with their fans, YouTube and the others already exist.

2 Likes