What is Florida like?

I want to go to the University of Florida, so I was just curious about how you Florida people like living in florida? thank you :grin:

2 Likes

Its definitely crazy. Our summers are death, while our winters can still be in the low 30’s. And its HUMID. Dry 100 degrees is bearable, humid 100 degrees, there’s no escape.

There’s a lot of old people, and the dividing lines between rich and poor in big cities is strong.

Its good for the most part, but UF is a big school, expensive too.

Granted, I love Florida, but a lot of really crazy stuff happens here :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

honestly all of that sounds perfect for me :joy: I live I northern New York (like right next to the border) and I literally HATE the cold! I lived hawaii when I was younger but Florida is closer than hawaii t nowhere I am :joy: thanks for the reply! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::+1::cat2:

2 Likes

It’s hot as sh*t most days but its been a weird up and down. Going to the beach today :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I don’t live there but I have been there & its summers are as hot as Georgia’s summers

1 Like

lol have fun!

1 Like

I’ve never been to Georgia :joy:

If you like driving literally everywhere (even a store 5 mins from your house) you’ll love it here. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

They are a lot of Latinos there and have a beautiful Beaches

2 Likes

Florida is great! Great weather and great beaches! I can’t speak for every city, but Miami is so diverse! We have places coined little haiti, little havana, even little russia and you can get little tastes of the rest of the world at every corner. Overall, I would recommend Florida :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

yup that sounds like where I live already :joy:

1 Like

ahhhhh yes! that’s basically hawaii but instead of Latinos it’s a bunch of japanese people :joy:

1 Like

ah thank you so much! :grin::+1:

1 Like

My friend attends college in Florida and she loves it!

2 Likes

yay I’m glad she’s enjoying herself!

2 Likes

I hope this will help! We went to UCF and we absolutely love Florida. Everything here is very diverse, you don’t have to go far to find an array of different cultures. We know a lot of people that went to UF and they really love showing their Gator Nation Pride! UF is mostly known for their medical program but overall it is a great school. There is so much to do here in FL as well. Everything is about an hour and a half drive away from UF. Bush Gardens, Disney, Universal, Seaworld, Gatorland are all about 2 hours away with traffic from UF. There is also St. Augustine, Ocala National Forest, and beaches about an hour away. So I would say it is hard to get bored. You probably know this already but the weather varies day to day, one day it is hot the next day is freezing. The rainshowers don’t last long unless there’s a thunderstorm. We hope all of this helped! We know more about the surrounding Orlando area and the University of Central Florida but if you have any more general FL questions we would be happy to help! :hearts: FL natives :palm_tree:

3 Likes

oh wow this is really helpful! thank you! :+1::grin::rainbow:

For me, I personally love it but hate it. I live in and near really tourist heavy places. So it gets super annoying all of the time when I want to go to the beach, or do something fun. So yeah, it can get aggravating with the shitload of traffic. So I usually have to plan to go to Orlando and other places before hand so I can at least try and avoid some things :slight_smile:

The weather can vary throughout the day.
But, I think if Florida is where you’re wanting to be, then you should do what you want !
Other people that have replied to this post gave a better description of the weather haha

1 Like

It’s so weird because it could be chilly in the morning… BUT THEN it’s hot as hell later on

1 Like