What horror tropes terrify you the most? im tryna see sum

In video games, media, movies, shows, books, music:

What terrifies you most? Don’t be afraid to be specific.

Is it the build-up of the music? Certain kinds of music? Slow reveals, jumpscares?

In anything you’ve played or read or listened to or watched. What is the scariest aspect of those things to you and why?

Summary

For me, it’s psychological aspects of things. For example in Ex-Machina, when Ava runs toward Nathan and jumps on him. The idea of a conscience inside a non-human or non-organic physical being terrifies me because it conforms artificially. It doesn’t feel remorse, but can emulate it.

3 Likes

The dark, literally just a black screen I’m like ok no I’m out, because I know something is coming. Music doesn’t really get me, just the not knowing what’s there or not there

2 Likes

The build up is always the worst for me. Usually have to cover my face during it but after that when all the demons or whatever are fighting and doin some weird stuff, I’m like “this isn’t even that bad.”

3 Likes

And then suddently BAUAUAWAFEESHDIRHSJ out of nowhere

2 Likes

Hate that so much :sob::sob:

1 Like

To be really specific, the kind that really, truly scares me the most is Lovecraftian existential space horror. Nothing scarier to me than losing your grip on reality + body transformation. Makes me queasy just thinking about it.

But the kind I genuinely enjoy? Slow burn ghost stories like Insidious and The Others.

1 Like

I also really dig action + horror when done right.

1 Like

when the music stops all a sudden or gets really quiet and a jump scare comes i literally think im going to die like i cannot deal with jump scares :joy::sob:

also anything to do with real things like demons, poltergheists, satanic stuff etc is rlly scary to me. like the conjuring 1&2 and anabelle (based on true stories)

1 Like