What happened

so like? what happened to everyone? is this app even progressing? Idek? where did all the communication go? where did all the users go?

37 Likes

i miss the bulletins

18 Likes

I still check up on the forums daily and check up on the app at least every few days too but sooo many of the people I used to watch/create/chat with are gone :frowning:

12 Likes

There is no active communication or community, the hype is gone, and the energy has disappeared…

I hope the Byte Team can turn this around next year, I hope Byte takes off!

18 Likes

let’s be patient and see the next feature in store for byte. Tik tok, Snapchat, and Instagram, love or hate these platforms didnt’ reach 100 million users overnight

6 Likes

I HATE TO BE THAT GUY…but we say this everytime…and then everytime we end back here…how many times does history gotta repeat itself before we change the approach?

18 Likes

big yikes

bro all the community members that used to legit be ride or die /super hyped for byte dipped way faster than I could have predicted. Which makes me laugh but also sad and also embarrassed for them.

14 Likes

Im still chillin lol :sunglasses:

8 Likes

I mean this app was super busy during a time when many people were in mandatory quarantine or out of school. School came back, people had to go back to work, pandemics still raging. Byte isn’t exactly the place to go to find out if we’re gonna get stimulus checks or whatever the news of the day is. :man_shrugging:t2: Not saying that’s the only reason, but a reason I never see brought up in these convos

1 Like

Tbh idek if I could say that the app was ever super busy. There were a few instances were activity would be up for a few days in a row because of new influx…but that shit was fumbled time and time again :woman_shrugging: heres hoping 2021 will be somewhat successful but idk…

5 Likes

I remember those few instances, those were around the time when the rumor of Tik Tok getting shut down in the US was spreading, new users were coming in daily like crazy, and the hype was getting built, but then… Tik Tok ended up staying, and the hype disappeared again…

There are many things I think the Byte Team should consider doing IMMEDIATELY starting next year. Updating the App is important, but the team has got to work on the business aspect (monetization, ads, marketing etc), and it’s got to come back to communicate with us, the community.

3 Likes

Unfortunately I’m scared to post all the time because someone in my comments might bully me and compare me to Shane Dawson

9 Likes

Man that sucks. Sorry about that

1 Like

It gets a little easier each day :cry:

1 Like

dont let fear keep you from playing the game

6 Likes

It’s a slow burn, honestly there is no point to byte rn. It’s only selling factor is being not Tiktok. At this point, Tiktok has lost most of its cringe factor, the widespread animosity is behind it. For byte to survive it needs to be different, still video but not tiktok.

But idk, I shouldn’t speculate on what it should or shouldn’t be. Dom’s at the helm and I trust that he’ll do what’s best.

5 Likes

When you say it like that you make it seem like you’re not in it for the byte community.

If you’re only in it to become a famous creator, sure byte sucks. But I know at least 100 people here who are good internet friends of mine and I’m happy to make my dumb stuff and show them.

2 Likes

I understand you don’t care about stats, but many creators do. People go on the app to find funny, inspiring, and cool content. Yet, with low numbers content creators are unlikely to post (Shout out to my boy ZachKing for holding on).

Sure, look at it as petty. But if you post something, you’d probably like to see a lot of engagement. One app can provide that, while the other one can … but not at that scale.

2 Likes

i’m still here having fun💀 i just post the things that come into my head

3 Likes