What generation are you?

Here’s a pretty good test for it outside of dates.
If you’re American or American adjacent and your first societal memory comes before or on 9/11, you’re a millennial. If your first societal memory was after 9/11, you’re solidly a zoomer.
There’s a couple of noticeable differences between gen z and millennials, even young millennials versus old gen z.

My sisters had a flip phone but I never had the privilege, even when they got new ones they didn’t give me their old ones. My brother had a slide phone, when I finally moved off the house phone I bought a $10 bar phone that I got at 13

1 Like

Ayeee ima zoomer

1 Like

I consider myself a Millennial even though I was born after 1995. I believe that the generation ranges between 1982 and 2004 because that’s what the people, Neil Howe and William Strauss, who first came up with the name and definition affixed it to back in 2012! I cannot relate to anybody born after 2004 whatsoever! :rofl:

Whilst they affixed that time frame to it, the general accepted range is the one I listed. This is used by Pew and most MSM.
As somebody who was born in 1995, I can tell you I have an awful lot more in common with somebody born in 1985 than I do somebody born in 2000.
My coworkers who are born 2001 and later might as well be my children :joy:

1 Like

I can’t speak globally, but in the US there is a massive cultural difference between those of us who remember life before 9/11 and those of us who only remember life after it.

1 Like

I bet that somebody who was born in 1998/1999 could easily remember 9/11! I can relate myself more with Millennials than with Zoomers/Gen Z’s or whatever you wanna call it and in the end it’s just a name of a generation. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: