What gear are you using?

Hey guys! I know that most of us share content on other platforms i.e facebook, Instagram and youtube. I was curious to see what gear are you guys using? Whether it’s an red raven, gh5, canon t2i, sony a7riii, or an iphone i’m curious to know what gear are you using in 2018 and why? What plans do you have to upgrade or create with it? I’m currently using a sony a6500, with rode video micro, sigma 18-35mm, sony 50mm oss, zhiyun crane 2, and a MeFoto tripod. If you have any questions about my gear feel free to ask! I went with the mirrorless system because of its portability and versatility to both video and photo! Feel free to checkout what it can produce on my instagram @felipeolveram or on my youtube channel /felipeolvera

4 Likes

I’ve only used Nikon cameras but I probably switching to gh5 or the Lumix g9 this year.
But there’s a lot of money to buy a new set of lenses and stuff when you already got it all for another brand…

1 Like

btw, love your photos on instagram!

1 Like

I have a pretty cheap Sony camcorder which I think has very good capabilities for its price :wink: and I also just bought this £12 tripod off of amazon. It’s only a metre high but it still does the job.

1 Like

I don’t have a dslr camera at the moment, I sold it. But once I muster up the courage to buy another I’m probably gonna go with the d4400 or for Canon the 40D

1 Like

Canon 550D

1 Like

For V2 Imma film with my phone cuz I want that OG v*ne feel

1 Like

But there’s a lot of money to buy a new set of lenses and stuff when you already got it all for another brand…

Haha you could say that again! With the sony I had adapted canon lenses, but now i’m trying to go all native. Even then its difficult to sell and re-buy!

Nikon has some great color science just as canon, but I used to have a d7200 and it didn’t do that well for me for video :confused: How do you like nikon for video?

1 Like

OG!!! haha

2 Likes

Hey I’ve always had the opinion that your gear is just a tool to share or express your ideas, and I bet that camcorder has done some great things!

2 Likes

Nice! what lenses do you have for it?

1 Like

An iPhone and Canon 750D

The EF 75-300mm and the standard 18-55mm :slight_smile:

So I’ve been a Phone/GoPro kinda guy so if any one has recommendations for future camera purchases and editing software let ya boy know tryna have the best viewable content for ya and love the feedback in here :clap:t3::raised_hands:t4::raised_hands:t4::raised_hands:t4:

I only have a Nikon D3200 at the minute, but I think I might get a Sony camera, they look really cool and someone I watch on YouTube uses them and they look pretty great. It’s just getting the money saver to buy one :sob:

For Vlogs:
Canon 6D Mark II - Tamron 24-70mm 2.8 G2
Canon G7X
iPhone 7 Plus
GoPro Hero 4

For Gaming:
Logitech C922
Auna Mic 900

2 Likes

not very good at all… I’ve heard that the new Nikon D850 is comparable with gh5 but I doubt it…

btw fav-lens rn is Sigma 50mm/1.4 ART for photo, and Sigma 35 mm/1.4 ART for video
(I’ve heard people had problems with the autofocus on these lenses but I guess I was lucky with my copies, but the autofocus is a bit noisy for video if you don’t have an external mic)

iPhone or MacBook, if I use after effects

I have a Panasonic DMC-G7K (a very good all-around camera, both for videos and pictures) with a standard 14-42 mm (I am planning to get either a Macro or a better lens), a GoPro HERO 4 and my Honor 8
The stuff I make it’s mostly on my Instagram (@sshitboi)
And for the editing I use Adobe Premiere and if I have too Photoshop and AfterEffects too.