What do you like seeing from Content Creators?

What’s up guys! Question of the day, what are the type of things you like seeing from content creators on byte?

Is it fancy editing? A really cool and expensive looking camera? Smooth loops? Collabs?

What are things you don’t like? Is it puns, lol? Low effort? Asking for views?

Love talking about this stuff, and just wanted to start a discussion! :grin:

14 Likes

Likes? I’m a sucker for anything involving music or animation. I also really, really love abstract, absurdist humor. The weirder the better. I also want to see CONFIDENCE in what you are doing. Let me hear it in your voice and see it in your face. It could be the absolute most stupid joke in the world and it could look like you filmed it through an old shoe, but if you say it like you mean it? It takes it over the top.

My biggest pet peeve is audio. I know some people are just quiet or their phone just doesn’t pick them up enough. I have that problem myself sometimes. But my hearing sucks more and more as I get older. That’s what I get for going through a major Death Metal/Punk/Thrash phase in high school :nerd_face:.

22 Likes

I want new viral memes, and I mean things such as “free she va ca do”, I love those random mêmes that get viral so quickly.
That’s why I love making memes myself
They always crack me up😂

13 Likes

Memes are so great in that the most random thing can become huge out of nowhere.

Hey man, what’s your Byte name? Been trying to find you!

5 Likes

My favorite creators have crackhead or feral vibes!

5 Likes

Weird, like… @freduardo weird? Or… different. Ahaha!

5 Likes

love this, definitely agree!

8 Likes

BOTH, man!

2 Likes

Ahh yes people who exude crackhead energy are truly the best! :joy:

3 Likes

I can’t wait for the day when byte starts pumping out iconic memes lol

2 Likes

Things I dislike:

• Camera + lighting setup that looks too professional. If makes me feel like I’m on twitch or youtube, not byte.
  • People begging for fame (can we get this to the popular page? / let’s support each other! / I wanna be byte famous so give me a like)
  • Following someone and they go on a rebyte spree of dozens of bytes. It drowns the bytes of the people I chose to follow.
  • People who use the dumb and fake “Verified byter” thing. It’s predatory, and pretty lame.
  • People who put their followers/follwing numbers on the bio. First of all, I have no reason to believe you cause you wrote it yourself. Second of all, following only 7 people doesn’t make you better or superior, it makes it clear you aren’t here to have fun or be part of the community.
  • Accounts that reupload iconic clips like it was theirs, or that just say “credit to the creators” on the bio.

A not-at-all-complete-list of things I like:

• Well thought out punchlines that you don’t see coming
  • Bytes where you can see the person is having fun with their content.
  • Things that feel just like vine circa 2013/2014 did.
  • Original art and animation
  • Pets. Always.
  • When the acting is just the right amount of casual, instead of being over the top
23 Likes

call me original, but i like anything. staying open to every type of content allows you to discover cool stuff and even cooler people.

13 Likes

love watching funny skits with good to great VFX
or a skit the makes you feel or think
dislike anything that has no effort put in it

4 Likes

I like anything that is ridiculous and/or random. I try to make content that follows that trend as well.

5 Likes

Wow! I defienty agree with putting your follow count in your bio or a fake verified mark, I just don’t understand it tbh :man_shrugging:. And it’s interstring how said you don’t like bytes that look too “professional” I’ve never heard that one before lol :thinking:

3 Likes

Same tbh! I’m not really selective, I just like watching people with cool personalities, and people that make me crack a smile.

4 Likes

Oh alright, gotcha! So byters like BigPants?

1 Like

Yes! I love seeing random nonsense on my feed lol :joy:

2 Likes

more closer to Zach King

3 Likes

Ahh ok, I see!

1 Like