What do you guys think about 7 sec videos?

What do you guys think about it? wouldn’t it help for artists to get an extra second and what if @dom has already set V2 to 7 seconds :slight_smile: Because i like 6 seconds and 7 seconds both of them but more then 7 will not be good :smiley:

5 Likes

Dom once posted a picture on Twitter showing how long it will be

MAX_DURATION = 6.5
MIN_DURATION = 3

So 6.5 is close to 7

6 Likes

Oh that would be Great.

2 Likes

I personally think that no matter how long the limit is, people who want to succeed should adapt. That extra second won’t be detrimental to the popularity of the post.

2 Likes

Yeah but as you know 1 sec in vine can add a whole scene lmao. And more then 7 second video i won’t consider that as Vine

2 Likes

6 seconds was always so good. If you can’t do a joke/scene/bit in that time, it’s not good enough. 7 seconds would be okay though, but it doesn’t need to be changed imo

3 Likes

In all honesty I loved the idea of short videos, it may limit what you can do, but it allows people to everyone creative with the time they have. You can watch the short videos whenever and it’s not even time consuming, which is a major positive.
Either way 6 or 7 would be ideal.

In my opinion I think this app should have a feature like Twitter where you can create a thread of vines in one go so it’s like a chain of maybe maximum 10 altogether, which would allow more content to be pushed out in one go whilst keeping the 6/7 second limit.

2 Likes

Dom was posting on Twitter 6 second videos… So it’s probably still 6. The biggest problem with that, and I know I’m being petty, but vine compilations on youtube. You can double click on the right to skip ahead ten seconds, and when I’ve seen a vine before and want to skip it, I don’t want to miss more than half of another vine. I know it’s petty

2 Likes

I think that 8-9 seconds, while a significant increase from 6, allows for a little more creativity. Nothing more than 10 though.

3 Likes

I totally agree with @AsherW I think making the vines slightly longer would allow more creativity. I think a cap at 12 seconds would be perfect. Especially for vine musicians, it’s really hard to get a perfect loop with certain songs with only 6 seconds. Increasing vines to 12 seconds gives us the opportunity to do that and gives us the opportunity to sing a wider range of songs. Vine = 6 seconds so V2= 6seconds *2= 12 seconds …Get it? Lol!!! Of course this doesn’t mean all videos have to be 12 seconds to be posted, but giving users the choice to post up to 12 seconds would be ideal in my opinion. Anything longer, I feel, would take away from the uniqueness of the app.

4 Likes

I like the idea of 7 sec. Original vines could be 6.6 - 6.9sec anyway. It’d be like v2s were just being rounded up.

3 Likes

Personally, I think the videos should be allowed to be a lot longer. I know this might be unpopular, but somewhere around maybe 10 seconds would allow people to make better vines. Or you could do an option, like a slider that gives you the option of 7 or 10 seconds or something like that

3 Likes

Ive seen all you guys Impressions about that but @dom is planing to release V2 app with 6.5 Range and thats pretty Good and maybe in future it turn to 7sec or a bit more. All changes will be made slowly. For now 6-7 seconds are okay.

2 Likes