What do you do with bad bytes?

Quick question I was curious about…
What do you all do with the videos you make that you aren’t super happy with? Do you post it because it’s short form content and you can just put up a new one later or the next day? Or do you trash it?
I have a couple that aren’t my best work and was curious what others did.

12 Likes

I cry.

11 Likes

I unexist them :grinning:

5 Likes

Same

1 Like

I just don’t upload it untill I feel good about it.

1 Like

Sometimes I just post it and try it out. Never hurts to just upload it and see how it looks, and there’s no shame in deleting content later if it didn’t work out.

2 Likes

Set it to the side for a potential reuse later.

1 Like

I post them on trash haha

1 Like

I use to trash them or save them for a rainy day but im now coming to terms with the reality that they way you see your content is completely different from how others view it. So I share them anyway lol. You might be surprised at how much people actually like it.

2 Likes

Hold on to them for months until I can figure out what to do with it :rofl:

I like the idea of posting them in trash. I suppose that’s pretty much the point of it!

1 Like

Depends. Sometimes I let them rest and if I still think they are bad a few weeks later I re-make it to fix whatever was wrong.
If it’s not the execution but the concept itself I think is bad I either post it (knowing I will probably delete it) to see if I get some feedback, or I trash it entirely.

I have a file where I store my posted bytes and one for the unposed ones NEVER DELETE YOUR WORK it can come in handy later on I’ve already found myself looking in my draft folder then correcting what I didn’t like then posting them at a later time sometimes your ideas aren’t bad only the outcome is so yeah long story short save and revisit it until it’s right don’t junk them

1 Like

i post depending on what’s the context.

funny thing i’ve been uploading few of my “bad bytes” that I’m not really proud of… surprisingly people like it IDK why? what I’m trying to say you may not be proud of the video but others may like it. (share regardless) :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I would prefer to archive them if the option were available, which would just make them private. For now, I have just been deleting them.

1 Like

mine never see the light of day lmao

1 Like

My bad bytes are like my bastard children.
I make them, with little thought on the issue, then release them into the world, to be somebody else’s problem.

2 Likes

Ah yes. Your own personal Jon Snows.

I’ll be honest, when I post something that I am not really proud of and seeing it not do so well, I just delete it and I try to find ways to improve what was recorded.

The only time I consider any of my Bytes “bad” is when, in either the capturing or the editing phases, I’m going through the “point” of the post and I find myself in this infinite loop of questioning whether or not the post a) will land like I want or b) would need even further explanation than the simple “it’s this”.

I do, though, tend to post Bytes I might consider “weaker” than others in a way to create a buffer between the possible stronger Bytes; not only that, but I feel those “weaker” posts further accentuate how much stronger the “better” Bytes are by comparison.