What do you do to recharge?

As a creator, it’s easy to go through euphoric highs and devastating lows - sometimes within a single day. It’s important to keep your mind and your heart fresh.

So when you’re feeling drained, what do you do to recharge? Where do you go for inspiration?

13 Likes

My daughter Emma watches a lot of skits and comedy on YouTube and TikTok - she tells me what she thinks is funny and we add our own dad-daughter twist on it :blush: but if we got no ideas, we go back to our roots of classic dad jokes :joy:

7 Likes

I watch Netflix and chat in certain GC since I have a hype squad that motivates me!

Pac Rocket

7 Likes

In all honesty- just read a book or watch countless dog videos on repeat :joy:.

6 Likes

What type of books :star_struck:

Recommend I’m a reader also (but it has to do with numbers or tech)

4 Likes

A squad that has your back is definitely a must! Especially when it’s built on trust and pushing each other to be the best you can be.

6 Likes

Nice! Books are like windows into someone else’s head. Couldn’t live without them.

And who doesn’t love dog videos?? Honestly??

3 Likes

I don’t know I find it strange that everyone is positive, but I always like to hype people too :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

That’s cool that she’s doing research - not just thinking she likes something - but finding out WHY she likes it!

3 Likes

The joke we did in our video was her idea since she saw it from another video - so her friend and her did their own skit - I just did the editing and sound for it :blush:

2 Likes

I feel that. It’s really important for folks to tell you if something sucks too. Forced positivity is toxic. You can be real with someone and still have their best interest at heart.

2 Likes

And this is why I look up to you. :innocent: we need more people like you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Say what??? Tupac you’re one of the realest people on here! I feel like I got so much to learn from you! Thank you, man. That meant more than you know.

2 Likes

I lean more introverted, so to recharge that usually involves “me time” where I go to Target/shop, do easy chores so I feel like I’m accomplishing something, drawing, crafts, etc. Also like self-care things like painting my nails, face masks, etc. Running or another type of aerobic exercise can also be nice if I have too much energy and anxiety and it feels like I can’t calm down (though I guess that is the opposite of recharging lol) but it mentally relaxes me. I feel like I’m inspired randomly but I definitely get more ideas when I’m out doing something and seeing lots of things and not in my room.

4 Likes

That part!!! :raised_hands:t4:

2 Likes

100% agree with a lot of this. Your brain usually gets its best ideas when it’s disassociating from the “problem.” It’ll connect two dots that at first don’t seem related at all. Usually the harder I try to come up with something the worse the idea is.

2 Likes

I’ve found I don’t need to recharge as much if I try to exist in the places where I enter the flow. It makes work an escape from reality. Noodling on the guitar, editing, writing lyrics I don’t understand.

I also give myself days off when I really need them. And I’ve accepted I’m introverted; I need time away from the masses to recharge.

2 Likes

It DEFINITELY helps to be in a state where the things you create are just a part of your being, not just a “job” or a task to check off at the end of the day.

Breaks are so important too!

1 Like

Yep. When I’m trying too hard I have all my lamest ideas haha

1 Like

For numbers and tech books… The Google Story was a really good read!

3 Likes