What Do You Do To Cope With Sadness?

Post down below, been going thru a hard couple of months where I just haven’t been able to find inspiration, and there seems to be a lack of reason for life. I want there to be a point to wake up every day, but I can’t seem to find it and it makes me sad.

I don’t really have friends in real life because I moved so much so I don’t talk to my peers for help. I also don’t talk to counselors because I feel like they are getting paid to talk about my problems. I usually watch funny videos, post on my finsta, watch netflix or rarely just rarely, think of my future goals, how I want to inspire others and the way I need to inspire people is if I keep going. Don’t want to become a hypocrite. I also feel like I can only connect with people online which makes me sad after watching Black Mirror. I just have so many ideas and none of these close minded people are the same as me. I hate doing the same thing every day, and when I talk about conspiracies or other ideas I get made fun of. Weird.

“If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.”- Martin Luther King Jr.

6 Likes

First of all, if your feeling down/bad you can always talk to me.
Secondly, when I feel down/bad I listen to music with headphones on. I also try to talk to people that I think are close to me. I don’t think that going through stuff alone is good, but I’m also a socialable person.
Hope you feel better!

1 Like

I need inspiration to actually get up and get work done. This is my main issue :/. I have friends, but I feel like I live a cookie-cutter lifestyle where I’m just an average person with nothing that sets me apart from the crowd. I know that I have the capability of creating, I just need inspiration or something to push me towards that. Everything I do in life feels like a task, and every single day seems like the same pointless work being done, because I’m simply not enjoying life.

1 Like

Go & do something you love. Sometimes I’ll feel so empty, so uninspired, so low. I force myself to go to the movies, or to an animal sanctuary, or just to go get a smoothie. It always makes me feel more “me”.

4 Likes

Man that’s how I feel. I just need some motivation but I feel like motivation given is only given because they feel bad for me, I hope your situation gets better.

2 Likes

The town I live in is so bland. There’s literally nothing to do. My school is literally an hour away, so I’m just stuck in my room on dreaded social media which I try so hard to detach myself from to actually accomplish work. This is like an awful cycle.

To cope with sadness I like to speak to my close friends, or I just go on social media

1 Like

try to teach yourself something, master something you think you’re good at

2 Likes

I have to avoid social media. It sort of feeds my depression. I want to create something, to feel a sense of importance, but I don’t yet know what.

I tried to teach myself code when I got sad,

1 Like

I know how to code, I might actually make myself a better calculator for school as a side project.

Yeah def. do that !

1 Like

yo i hope u get better

I mostly read and watch movies, Netflix, and YouTube videos to kind of distract myself but one thing that really helps me is a list that I have of things that I want to do in my life that I haven’t done yet because it motivates me to stay happy and to keep going even though I feel like giving up sometimes

2 Likes

Sometimes you have to face the sadness head on but in smaller doses. Prayer, music, talking to someone who loves you. Cry it out too. I’ve been sad today.

Hey I’m just seeing this thread but I just wanted to add my two cents. It can often feel hard to have motivation or feel happy about many things in your life but the important thing to remember is this can always get better, especially when you surround yourself with good people (Either online or in person). It does take some work, but you can do it. The most important thing to do is to build a support group that helps you feel needed, wanted, important, loved, etc. and use them whenever things get rough again. And if you feel like you are stuck in a “Cookie-cutter” lifestyle like you said, then that is when you can look for what you like or think is unique in other people and change that in yourself. But just always remember that you should’t change for others or based off of societies standards, just change anything you need to in order to make yourself happier. Find things you love and surround yourself with those things. You’ve got this! :+1: :raised_hands:

2 Likes

find something to do.

1 Like

breaking things down day by day and getting something accomplished that day that makes you feel better. It doesn’t have to be a lot, just something small like cleaning your desk off or writing down a journal entry. take it day by day. find an outlet. I love to write, but I never have the time unless I make it. I know it hard but you can do this

2 Likes

Homeslice, life really sucks but thats why you have to come back at it with an even harder punch! Do stuff you like! Or try new activities!

1 Like