What constitutes an “artist”

Personally I don’t think anything does.
An artist doesn’t have to show their work to be an artist. Nor do they need to have any sort of following. Somebody who makes something new is an artist, and I think it’s counterproductive to separate newbies to v2 from the memorable ones of vine just because the new ones haven’t submitted their work yet. I disagree with thr separate forum idea because it doesn’t seem to treat everyone (who maybe really are upcoming artists)the same.

1 Like

True but you have to consider that this is the community and not everyone is a creator. I think it’s a great idea because it’s more focused on those who are dedicated to making content and not just everybody who likes the app. It (hopefully) wont be an elite group of artists who get to mingle privately like I think you’re trying to say. You have to prove yourself as a creator to be treated as a creator, and that doesn’t mean how popular you are it’s how active and hard working you are.

2 Likes

Also, you have to consider what the forums are being used for. If they’re trying to gather knowledge about functionality and usability, viewers are going to have different wants than creators. Not to discredit any of our ideas or opinions, but if you look at the forum now, there haven’t been that many threads that would further the development of the app.

At the end of the day, I think we all want an app that’s fun and works well for the community and creators alike.

5 Likes

Somebody who uses creative thinking and logical thought processes to generate a product unique to others who can then publish their creation (henceforth referred to as ‘art’) to mass groups of individuals interested in precieving art. Art can be audible, visible, physical, smellable (?), and tastable (again idk if that’s a word).

This is true

My only question is how will @dom decide who gets access to the forum. I mean I intend on becoming a creator, but I’m fearful because of my lack of exp I won’t get invited.

1 Like

That is also my fear. This type of gate keeping can lead to what made vine bad at the end when there was an obvious ceiling of top viners and then everyone else after a large gap

1 Like

Well said, also the creativity in each “artist” counts and his or her hard work

2 Likes