What are you studying?

For those of you in university/college/tafe/online courses, what are you studying? What is your dream?

I study social media (graduating in August) and my dream is to work for a social media company in influencer management. Currently a social media strategist at a printer software company.

Your turn!

12 Likes

Computer Science — (IT) :smirk:

7 Likes

I’m currently completing my associates after taking four years off [because I decided that going back to school after directly cutting cold turkey my ADHD medicine was a good idea the first time. Hint: it was not.]
For non Americans: US primary education is so terrible that their first two years of university are essentially A-levels.

I would like to eventually head back to the UK and the varying degrees required to work for the Crown Prosecution Service.

5 Likes

Wildlife Science. Which has nothing to do with Byte or social media so I have no idea what the future has in store lol. But I’m interested specifically in wildland fire ecology and I’m a certified wildland firefighter so my next step might be doing some seasonal work with the federal government doing burns or as a wildlife technician.

4 Likes

Thank you for your words of encouragement! It’s definitely a world where you put the needs and wants of others above you, but I have a lot of self care routines to not loose sight of myself.

That sounds super interesting, props for having a plan - that’s more than most of us!

1 Like

Wildland fire ecology is something I’ve never heard of! Three of my friends are into zoology and work/volunteer with animals. But this is a whole other level! How did you find this profession?

1 Like

I have a podcast on social media culture (mostly interviewing influencers from insta and tiktok) so in the past I would have said for an agency.

But the more I get into it and see the community, is it too corny to say Byte?
The partnership program is the ideal project to manage in my opinion, as there is no middle management OF an agency. Makes byte super unique.

@dom your first aussie employee is waiting :wink:

3 Likes

My university has a college of natural resources and forestry that my major falls under. I’ve been interested in wildlife habitat management for a while and a lot of our professors work with the federal government like NRCS, USDA Wildlife Services, the Forest Service, National Park Service, etc so we learn a lot about professions and opportunities in federal government. This spring I took a wildland firefighting course and spent spring break in South Carolina practicing prescribed burns and it was an awesome experience and just really interesting to me how vital fires are to so many habitats and how humans have suppressed them. It’s also a very underresearched area. But yeah I mean setting a forest on fire (in a controlled way) is also just fucking awesome.

1 Like

I could also talk endlessly on lots of other wildlife issues lmao. It’s weird to have a passion for wildlife and conservation and also be really into Byte and comedy but maybe somehow ill find a good balance. That’d be cool.

Honestly that sounds like a well hooked up uni. I love it when uni isn’t just about studying, you can actually go out into the world and experience everything. Sounds awesome #wildfireblazeit

2 Likes

Done with my (Electronics and Communication Engineering) now i’m RPA(Robotic Process Automation) Developer !

3 Likes

That sounds so cool! What does it involve?

2 Likes

I actually used to take Literary and Cultural Studies but dropped out at first year (for family reasons) but if I’ve got the chance, I’ll go back again, and maybe take journalism (and hopefully multimedia arts) as well.

I originally want to be an author or a magazine/newspaper writer and now being a creative director on a magazine company sounds interesting to me

3 Likes

it’s process of automating business operations with the help of robots to reduce human intervention!

1 Like

Computer Systems

1 Like

Studying medicine haha , good luck to my patients :ok_hand:t2::ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

I’m in my final year of Biochemistry (BiochemistNeef :triumph:) and I haven’t got a pinpoint desire in my field yet, but I really am interested in Medical Biochemistry/diagnosis of conditions and genetic research! and I’m also pretty good at Literature Reviews, so could even go into that route of academic research:)

5 Likes

I’m a study for life kind of person. Doing data security and ui/ux out of boredom. A bad site drives me up the wall so I want to be informed when I gripe at them for their :poop:

2 Likes

I’m not in college yet, but I plan on majoring in Social Media, Political Science and History so that I can work on a political campaign with Social Media

3 Likes