What are features you’d like to see in v2?

I like the ability to pin something to the top of you profile so if it’s doing well, more people have a chance to take a look at it.

5 Likes

I want them to keep the couple seconds long video format, I feel like thats what made vine differ from other video platforms, people had to be more creative which was nice

4 Likes

I want them to either have a easier editing tool, maybe have it on app or have a seperate app that syncs with vine, that way its easier to edit vines

2 Likes

Personally, I’d like to have animated profile pictures. Perhaps even at a premium fee such as with Discord.

1 Like

Some features I’d like to see:

1. “Suggested” tab/page based on liked/revined vines
  2. Tagging that doesn’t have to be in the caption (similar to tumblr)
  3. DMs
  4. Multiple accounts can be hosted on one device (similar to instagram)
  5. Import content to app from other apps (google drive, dropbox, etc)???
  6. Block specific words or phrases in comments/suggested/mentions/dms
  7. “Marked as sensitive press and hold to view”
  8. Zoom feature???
  9. Auto compilation of top rated vines that you can choose to post at the end of the year
  10. Night mode???
3 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Regarding Artists & Creators:

1 Like

Possibly good editing features within the app, or upload from camera roll (This could cause issues in other aspects but an idea)… hoping good music options as well possibly!

Maybe as well as a trending page, a “up and coming” page for newer/smaller artists to get a chance to be seen…? Or something similar to that idea

1 Like

I think there should eventually be a feature for touch ID login/confirmation for supported phones as well as a password and recovery email

1 Like

And something like YouTube Rewind at the end of the year? You know, bringing in real artists and making a short recap video about the year’s loops (assuming videos are called loops)

2 Likes

@dom has confirmed on twitter that we can upload from gallery.

1 Like

Okay I see everyone commenting things like ‘no ads’ and I thought I would just say that please understand that creators of apps need to eat too.

I’m sick of people not understanding that money somehow needs to be made. If you hate ads on social media, monetized features and the platform selling data, then how do you except the platform to even exist when it can’t pay for the server it’s running on?
Sure those things might be annoying, but I’d prefer to actually have V2 than have V2 only exist for a week because maintenance was too expensive.

I think everyone just needs to be a little more realistic.

4 Likes

Maybe a Vine year in review? Some of the biggest post from each categories? Something like that?

1 Like

What if only Verified users could monetize to help keep people from making spam accounts to monetize their post?

1 Like

To be honest. I don’t think monitization will be a thing really. I think it would be more companies paying for a product placement or someone talking about a company. And at that point it would have to be monitoring users not so much a “verification”. But that’s just my personal opinion on the matter. On twitter I’ve done paid promotions for companies and I just talk about a product and I have a little over 20k followers on twitter I’m not verified or anything like that. I’d assume people would be able to make money VIA post they are being paid for outside of Vine. I don’t know if what I posted makes any sense I’m kind of tired running off no sleep. Lol

1 Like

A tip jar for V2 developers of the app so that we can keep the app funded so that it never goes away! I would even pay a monthly subscription to have a space to be creative and collaborate with other artists.

2 Likes
  1. Livestreams -definitely
  2. Add longer videos to you account/channel as well so it could rival YouTube possibly -maybe
  3. Sound detection so it can recognise videos and songs -maybe
  4. Database of sound effects -maybe
  5. Editing software -definitely
  6. 8 second videos to add more content in -definitely
  7. Monetisation so people can earn money off of this -definitely
  8. A ‘popular’ page that shows trending videos -definitely
  9. A recommendation page to tell you what you might like -definitely
  10. Uploads from gallery -definitely
  11. Password recovery questions if email fails -definitely
  12. No age limit -maybe or at least 13+
  13. Group chats -definitely
  14. Stories -definitely
  15. Night version -definitely
  16. DM’s -definitely
  17. Re-upload, instead of a revine or a loop it could be a Re2 -definitely
  18. The ability to favourite or like vines -definitely
4 Likes

But like how would monetization work?
Vine has to actually make enough money before it can start giving some of that money to the artists…
Unless you mean sponsored posts, which have nothing really to do with the platform and are arranged by the artist independently.

1 Like

There should be a suggested area, so when you watch a vine it will come up with other artist like them so you can find others easier.

1 Like

Comments…!!!

1 Like
  1. Livestreams -definitely
  2. Add longer videos to you account/channel as well so it could rival YouTube possibly -maybe
  3. Sound detection so it can recognise videos and songs -maybe
  4. Database of sound effects -maybe
  5. Editing software -definitely
  6. 8 second videos to add more content in -definitely
  7. Monetisation so people can earn money off of this -definitely
  8. A ‘popular’ page that shows trending videos -definitely
  9. A recommendation page to tell you what you might like -definitely
  10. Uploads from gallery -definitely
  11. Password recovery questions if email fails -definitely
  12. No age limit -maybe or at least 13+
  13. Group chats -definitely
  14. Stories -definitely