We're revamping channels

I also think things that are poor taste fall under this category regardless of any comedic value. Like out of key music or super pixelated video. Things that are bad to a point of being interesting.

1 Like

My two cents on the appearance of categories; please no NOT make it brighter. The dark interface looks slick.

4 Likes

I’m skeptical about the third change. What if your video that already posted on that certain channel breaks some rules? So far I’ve posted like 10 or 11 videos on here (most of them in the comedy section), so I don’t know if any of those will break the rules once the changes will come out of beta.

Other than that, can’t wait to try the other changed features.

Worry about not breaking the rules with the new stuff you post, I doubt this will affect stuff retroactively.

2 Likes

So I’ve just recently tested out the new beta earlier, and I’m just curious. Am I the only one who noticed that the new preview thumbnails are all blank. Like everything else is all normal, but when I tested out the new channels, the thumbnails are all blank. Tell me if anybody else had this problem.

1 Like

Someone else has mentioned this here:

1 Like

just so my video doesn’t get deleted, I have a post that includes my dog and humor, so would I technically upload to funny, or dog?

Depends on the focus of the byte I guess, but could potentially fit either.

1 Like

If I know you like I think, then it’s a comedy bit more than a dog bit. But that’s your personal preference

2 Likes

yeah, if it’s an attempt at being funny that probably fits more than in dogs. People go to /dogs to feel warm and fuzzy

1 Like

true I feel like when I’m in /dogs I’m like "I don’t want to see one human face in this sacred space lmao

6 Likes

Forsure, thank you for the replies :metal: yes its more comedy vs casual doggy business

2 Likes

Ha. The crying baby in “soothing” cracked me up. Literally the least soothing sound I can think of. And I dig the new channels! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This might be an idiotic question but if I download the beta will I loose my data on the app itself? The app warning that comes up before I instal has got me paranoid …

1 Like

no that won’t happen

1 Like

I think the only thing that will happen is your saved settings such as zen mode, scrolling preference, app icon etc will be set back to default and you’d have to manually go back in and fix that. Idk I could be wrong though but I think thats what it means. You wont lose your bytes or stats or anything.

Okay get ready for another dumb question- is the beta the same platform that just has features that haven’t been implemented yet or is it a total separate/unrelated platform ?

2 Likes

Same platform, just gets updates sooner!

1 Like

Pretty much the same platform but we have a different skin compared to the non beta. Kinda like a video game lol. Sry for the game connection I miss my gaming channel lulz.

Now I want to see some Major UI Change in the Public Beta.
I’ve tested this new feature already you talking about @dom, But I now want to see Major UI Change to Main Home.

1 Like