We need to act now!

In recent news you may have heard that TikTok is being reviewed by the US government and could possibly be removed from the US app stores soon.

Some context: I have a 1.2 million following on TikTok. I promote byte regularly on this account and have a message in my videos every post to download byte. I made one advertisement on tiktok that rose byte to #34 on the app store. People are familiar with this and I get a steady amount of activity on byte from people hopping over. (this is not a flex post it’s necessary info)

Recently I woke up to about +70 new followers on byte with a bunch of activity on all my posts as well as a ton of activity on instagram and other platforms. I was confused and saw byte was #85 on the stores and a lot of users are experiencing a lot of activity.

I was curious so I asked a couple of people and got the same response from everyone:

People are freaking out about the potential shutdown of TikTok and jumping to every platform their favorite creators are on. Byte isn’t even being promoted that much other than being mentioned in a couple of videos. I did not think that just the mention of the shutdown of TikTok would have such an influx of users on other platforms, but we need to act now!

Let people know there’s an alternative to TikTok. It’s rising on the app stores and we need to make everyone feel welcome. Keep creating and keep posting.

28 Likes

IF PEOPLE POST THEIR TIKTOKS ITS OK! LET THEM DANCE TO THEIR HEARTS CONTENT! Only positive vibes this time around :heart:

19 Likes

byte loves renegade haha whip nae nae!!

12 Likes

The rise has started and we already got some BG tik tokers on byte who barely use the app but know do it’s existence. Maybe they’ll hop on byte as an alternative and that’s fine. We welcome them with open arms.

2 Likes

Byte needs to advertise and promote MOREEEE

7 Likes

This made me laugh so hard, love the message tho we gotta welcome tiktok this time around

3 Likes

I’m excited to see what they bring from the app. We’ve got a strong and supportive foundation, they are gonna help us keep building.

1 Like

Charli Ok

Chase No

Addison No

Zoe No

Dixie Maybe

2 Likes

Bu- but people say byte is dead :sob:

Just kidding this is good shit thank you

3 Likes

But byte is dead slightly. It’s on life support right now

2 Likes

TikTok is on life support.

1 Like

I will keep asking @mattpost to come till he makes his way over or blocks me:) you know i will:)

Huh

because it has a lot of videos

1 Like

byte isn’t educational either, and tiktok has some really great educational tiktoks

3 Likes

TikTok isn’t supposed to be educational it’s for entertainment purposes if you want to learn something educational go to YouTube

1 Like