Ways to Make v2 More Welcoming [Inspired by Hammer]

PLEASE DO NOT FLAG THIS

Might belong in Idea Category; This is simply an idea running off of this topic:

With Vine, it seemed like a lot of people were concentrated on making content rather than creating a better community. A way I think we can combat this after the v2 release is having a start-up tutorial type thingy. When a user signs up, they can go through a basic tutorial. Once finished with that, they can complete different tasks to unlock new features and earn badges (or something along the lines of that). These tasks could be:

• Liking 100 videos
  • Reposting 70 videos
  • Follow 25 other accounts
  • Add 20 friends
  • Comment on 30 videos

The tasks can strictly be based around connecting and growing the community or can also stretch out to be fun tasks (Ex. Completely designing your profile)

It may only help make v2 welcoming for a while, but it may get people into the habit of connecting to others more.

Thanks for reading, let me know what you guys think!
-Matty

1 Like

I feel like that can be a little invasive. I like the idea of unlocking new features but that’s almost like putting people on different levels unless they complete a certain task, rather than having a more open and free platform. You know? Also, the people with “higher levels” will just be the ones running the app eventually. That’s just my 2 cents…

I think these are all great ideas! Although some people would carry out these tasks for the sole purpose of completing them, they’ll definitely encourage newer artists to be more supportive of each other

2 Likes

There wouldn’t be levels, but it could just be tasks that will eventually be completed, and the features wouldn’t be that important :slight_smile:

1 Like

I also agree, although they’d probably be able to work things out over time so that v2 doesn’t slowly become a hierarchy

1 Like

Thank you :), It’s a really dumb idea but it’s just something I thought of, creating incentives to get people more involved

1 Like

Hmm… I get your point but I think 100 likes and 70 reposts is a little excessive. Some people don’t want their accounts flooded with reposts.

2 Likes

Definitely I think I exaggerated the numbers a bit lol

2 Likes

I do agree with your general idea though :slight_smile: would help avoid spam quite a bit

1 Like

@Hammer No idea is ever a dumb idea. They are just simply perfected over-time. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We can not control them, if they are toxic people we are going to have to get used to and report their account, But we cant make nothing if the people is toxic it’s because they were poorly educated, its a problems of their father or was a problem…

Right, the oldest people they are going to have benefits

1 Like